Chapter 73

"You're not coming with us?" Riley asked

"You're not coming with us?" Riley asked. Uhg he's getting so annoying.

"It will be a last minute decision. I told you how it works." I tell him

"Right. The Cullens have powers." He spits out.

I pull away, ever so slightly irritated by his tone.
"Don't underestimate them, Riley. You'll have the numbers, but they'll be able to... ... anticipate your every move."

"According to your friend." He says.

I look at him, not sure where he's going with this so I circle him.

"Yes. My dead friend. Laurent found out about the things they could do, and they k*lled him. But not before he told me." I say.

"Maybe he was wrong. I mean... This is supposed to be... Cullen territory. But we've been tearing it up and I've never even seen them here." He says.

"You don't trust me." I fake the hurt in my voice.

"With my life. I'm just saying that..." he starts but I cut him off.

"I'm doing this for us. So that we can feed, without their retaliation. I can't live in fear anymore, waiting for them to attacked" I say.

"I won't let them. I'm going to end the Cullen clan. I swear" he promises.

"I love you. So much." I lie.

Athena was able to get the guard to be behind in the shadows

Athena was able to get the guard to be behind in the shadows. As the battle started, newborns were coming left and right.

It was moving all so fast. I tried focusing on the battle but part of me was watching out for Athena. This battle is all my fault.

If I had just put my foot down with Edward and been a true leader this wouldn't be happening.

Sam and Jared charge a newborn each wolf grab an arm in the mouths and ripped it to shreds.

Paul soon became surrounded by three newborns so Emmett quickly came to his aid.

I see Athena move in on a young looking newborn but she backs up frightened. I look over at Athena and we share a look. This newborn does not want to be a part of this battle.

As we keep fighting I look to see Riley and Victoria.

The wolves continue killing off the rest of the newborns.

"Riley... Listen to me. Victoria's just using you, to distract me. But she knows I'll k*ll you. In fact, she'll be glad she doesn't have to deal with you anymore." I tell him.

"Don't listen, Riley. I told you about their mind tricks." She says to Riley.

"Athena can read her mind, so she knows what she thinks of you."

"He's lying." Victoria says sounding scared.

"She only created you and this army to avenge her true mate, James. It's the only thing she cares about. Not you." Athena says now.

Riley's beginning to hesitate. He glances at Victoria.

"There's only you. You know that." Victoria says.

"Think about it. You're from Forks, you know the area. That's the only reason she chose you. She doesn't love you." Athena tells him more of the truth.

"Riley... Don't let him do this to us. You know I love you." She says.

"You're dead." Riley says before charging.

It wasn't long before Riley was torn apart by the wolves and the kids had Victoria trapped.

"You want her. You want me to feel the pain you felt when they killed James. When they tore him to pieces. When they turned him into ash. When they turned him into nothing." I say feeling Prince breaking through.

Victoria finally erupts and CHARGES breaking out of Emmett and Jaspers hold.

I charge at Victoria. The two of us clash and begin a blurred battle. Until I pummel her down and, finally, maneuver myself behind her, gelling her in a death grip.

Victoria struggles as Athena is directly in her eye-line. She glares at Athena who glares back, every bit as fiercely.

Prince fully breaks out leaning down and rips a huge chunk from her neck, ripping her head off.

As we toss her body into the fire, the guard come out with Bella, Edward, Alice, and a red eye Jacob.

"You guys did good. I see you left one" Jane says.

"Yes, she was terrified and I read her thoughts to see that she did not want to be a part of this. I will take her under my responsibility." Athena says.

The guard just nod.

It all move slow and Athena phases. Soon a male newborn maneuvers out of her way, spins and grabs her ruff, fiercely pulling her off her paws!

"ATHENA" I yell.

But Sam leaps on the male newborn tackling him – they roll into around to where Sam bites a piece of his face off.

However, the male newborn gets his arms around Sam and crushes him causes Sam to howl in agony.

Felix and Demetri quickly rip the newborn as Sam was phased back.

"SAM!" Athena creams.

I rush over to him and look him over. "Your healing is going to kick in fast so I will have to reset all the bones on your left side Sam.

He just nods his head moaning and groaning in pain. Athena growls deeper than I've ever heard.

"Take them to the dungeons in Volterra. We will be there for the trial." She says to the guard.

After they leave taking the 4 with them, we quickly get Sam back to his place.

Athena was a mess and Jasper tried helping with her emotions but I could see the pain on him because she was trying to take the pain from Sam with her own control.

I moved as quickly as I can getting the bones reset and him on medicine to help the pain.

When I was done with everything I could do, I grabbed Athena taking her home. It was time for this to move forward now that the threat of Victoria and her army were defeated.

We also had the peace of mind that Edward, Bella, Alice, and Jacob were caught and imprisoned.

So for tonight, I am going to forget about them and reconnect with my mate. After all it has been too long.