Chapter 36

It's been a week now since we left

It's been a week now since we left. Jasper and Rose haven't talked to any of us since we left. Edward pushed for us to leave and ended up going off on his own.

I hate how I just left Athena and Jasmine. They didn't deserve that but I couldn't face them. It would've hurt so much and I would've caved and stayed. But it's better for their safety if we are apart.

I haven't hunted very much and typically stay in my room wondering how Athena is doing. If she is okay. More than likely, she is pissed at me and will probably never forgive me.

As I am sitting in my room I hear my phone go off. I look and see a text from Athena.

Athena: I have debated with myself time and time again if it is even worth texting you. But I had to in order to get a few things across.

1. How could you? How could you even think of leaving without saying goodbye to me or Jasmine. How could you even think of leaving in us general. I have been trying to wrap my head around what we could have done that was so wrong to make you pack up and leave without a goodbye. I told you about my past with my abusive father and the abandonment issues I have and yet here you go, turn around and do it to me. I gave you everything Carlisle. Everything. And all you did was take it and throw it on the ground like it was trash. Because of you, I had to break the news to my little daughter that her daddy and siblings were no longer here and you wanna know what she said. "Is it because I went into flames. I am a freak, that is why they left didn't they?" For a week now I have been trying so hard to convince her she is not a freak and her fault. It is your fault.

2. How can your propose and then just leave? If you didn't love me then you shouldn't have asked the damn question. Now I have to deal with that fact that the one person who was literally made for me just decided I wasn't good enough and left. Forever and always right? WRONG! It also would have been easier to face work that is for sure. Your bimbo bitches have asked why you left and if we are even together. So thank you for leaving me to deal with that shit.

And last 3. FUCK YOU CARLISLE CULLEN. You fucking bastard broke my daughters heart and you shattered mine. If you ever come back do not expect a welcome home greeting. Same with Jasmine. I have never fully hated anyone in my life. Even after all the shit my father did to me I never fully hated him because he was my father. But you? I fucking hate you."

After I read her text I felt so broken. What have I done. I ruined everything.

I got a text back from mom

I got a text back from mom. I am glad she isn't mad at me. I hated leaving her and Jasmine. I missed them already and wish I was back there with them. I wonder if she messaged Jasper. I decided I wanted to hunt so I will see if he wants to go with me.

"Hey Jasper" I say.

"Yeah?" He says.

"Want to go hunt with me?" I asked.

"Yeah sure." He said.

Thankfully Emmett was in the middle of an intense game and Alice was too busy shopping. When we left I made sure we were far enough away that the others could not hear us.

"Mom messaged me back." I blurt out.

He turns around and looks at me. "Yeah me too. She said she wasn't mad a me and to stop blaming myself."

"Jasper I don't want to not keep in touch with her and Jasmine. They made us feel so normal and human. Jasmine is literally your family as well. Can we make a plan to please keep in touch with her but hide it from the others. You know Carlisle will be mad." I say.

"Yeah well he can get the hell over it. It is his fault this has happened because he let Edward manipulate him and run this coven. He is going to start being in pain away from mom but she will be fine because she will move into the friend stage of the imprint. But I know she wants to be the lover." He says.

I sit down on a log near by. "So how do we do this? Because I do not want it to be just text messages. I want to be able to video chat or call them. I am worried about Alice seeing us doing this." I say.

"Well we can always make sure one of the other wolves are around because Alice cannot see with them around. So maybe that is how we do this."  Jasper says.

"Should we feel bad from hiding this from our mates?" I asked.

"No. As much as I love Alice she encouraged Edward to bring Bella around. She knew it would be hard on my thirst and she wanted her around anyways. Emmett didn't do a whole lot but he still supported Edward in his own weird way. And now the two of us and Athena and Jasmine were ripped away from each other over a blood bag. After mom reassured me it wasn't my fault, I started getting angry. Jasmine is my only blood family left and Athena was a wonderful mother to me. She listened to me, helped me with my cravings, and just loved me for me. But now it is all going to change." He says.

"Yeah I know how you feel. Mom knew I never wanted to be a vampire. She understands that because she is half of one. So we were able to talk about when we struggled on days of being one. She never judged me for my attitude or anything. I don't remember much of my parents back in the day but every time I am with her I cannot help but feel like I am this little girl or teenager needing her mother." I say.

We continued talking about how much we love Athena and made the plan to do whatever it takes to keep her in our lives.