Chapter 11

Today was my first date with Athena

Today was my first date with Athena. I had the day off and was panicking. Esme was making a picnic for me to take for Athena. I started to get nervous the closer it was time for Athena to come over. I began pacing back and forth and was stuck in my thoughts.

What if this goes bad? What is she doesn't accept my past? What if she really doesn't want a vampire as a mate?

I am soon brought out of my thoughts when I felt a wave of calmness come over me. I look over and see Jasper staring at me with concern.
"Carlisle are you okay? Your emotions are worse than I have ever felt." Jasper says.

"I am nervous about this date. I want everything to be perfect for her. I want this to work out. I have waited so long to be with my mate and now that she is here I want it to be perfect." I say with a sigh.

"Hey, it will be perfect. Don't worry about it."

About 5 minutes later her and Jasmine show up. Jasmine comes running in "car-wile" she says running up to me. I bend down and she jumps into my arms.

"Hi princess." I say peppering the side of her head with kisses. She starts to giggle and I see Athena walking in.

She looked beautiful. She was in leggings, a floral blouse with a blue jean jacket. Her hair was in waves pinned at the back. Just pure breath taking. She walked up to me while I was still holding onto Jasmine. I wrapped my free arm around her pulling her into a hug and kissing her cheek. As I did that, I caught her calming lavender scent. "Hi beautiful" I say.

She looks into my eyes "hi handsome."

"You ready to go?" I ask and she nods her head. We make sure Jasmine is taken care of before we head out for our date. As we walk out the back door she gives me a confused look. I just smirk at her "try to keep up" I say and take off running through the woods.

She is right behind me and I lead us to a mountain top overlooking the valley. She turns around looking at our view "wow" I hear her say.

"Beautiful" I say but I am looking at her.

"Yeah it is" she says and turns to see me looking at her. A faint blush comes across her cheeks when she realizes I was talking about her. We sat down and she started to eat. As she started I began to tell her my story.

"So while you eat, are you okay with hearing my story?" I asked. She nodded her head because she had just taken a bit out of food.

"I was born in 1640 in London. My father was a pastor during my life. As I grew older it was during a time when the hunt for supernaturals was happening. My father wanted me to follow in his foot steps and I wanted to make him proud. As I was out hunting down the vampires I ended up finding a group of them and during the chase I got bit. When I woke up three days later I noticed my thirst for blood but I did not want to harm a human. So I tried everything I could to end it. I locked myself in a cellar as a last resort and even that did not work. I ended up getting so hungry that I came across a pack of deer and fed on them. From that moment on, I vowed to never take a human life and to never turn them unless they were dying and needed saved. I ran away from home for a while. I ended up coming back to try and find Esme. She had gotten older and was married by the time I came back. She had just lost her child and was getting ready to kill herself. I was there in enough time to change her before she actually died. When she woke up she was angry at me for a while for leaving her behind. But once I explained to her everything that happened and why I left, she understood. She went to travel for a little bit and I joined the Volturi. Which is like the royalty of vampires. While I was there, they were ruthless. Fed on humans and I couldn't do it. Vampires that go through trauma or a traumatic event tend to develop a counterpart. Like Jasper has Major from the little he's talked about. With me, mine was Prince. I did not like the Volturi ways but since I lived there I had to witness a lot. So I ended up developing Prince to mask my humanity and not take it so hard after everything I saw. After a while I had to leave. I wanted to start a coven that lived to protect humans as well and be involved in the human world and still feel that connection to humanity. After I left thats when I found Edward dying with his mother begging to safe him. Soon Esme came found me with her mate, then it was Rose, Emmett, Alice and Jasper. And well now you are here if being a part of the coven is something you are interested in. I know you are part of the pack too but you are always welcome in the coven." I say.

As he is telling me all of this it broke me heart knowing he tried to kill himself

As he is telling me all of this it broke me heart knowing he tried to kill himself. I understand where he is coming from. I listen carefully to him. Especially when he talked about being in the Volturi. I did not let my papas opinions change I how I saw them or Carlisle. Once he finished talking I felt it was my turn to tell my story.

"Well since you told your story I feel like it is fair to fully tell mine and not just my education background. Growing up Sam and I did not have it easy. Our mother was not in the picture that much and our father was a complete ass. He was a man whore, and an abusive drunk. If Sam was there he would always stop and take the hits for me. However, he wasn't always there so Joshua got hits in more times than I would like to admit. There are times I still have memories of those hard times. As I went to school I tried staying as close as I could for Sam's sake. I was super excited about the job over here in Forks because that meant I was close to him. Everything was perfect until one night changed it all. Him and I were out celebrating me passing all my boards and getting the job when we were attacked by a vampire. It made us both shift and I actually got bit. Sam killed the vampire and took me back to my house. I was out for 2 weeks. The elders think it was because my wolf gene was fighting as hard as possible. When I woke up I still had my human characteristics, but I also had my shifter abilities and vampire abilities. Sam played a dangerous game and cut his hand to see how I would react and I actually threw up at the smell of human blood. It was horrible. We discovered that my wolf side is my dominate side and I only need 8 to 10 ounces of blood a week to survive. So I get animal blood from the butcher. While I am still an omega, I also have a vampire gift of a copy cat. So when I shook the kids hands, I copied their gifts by accident. It just kind of happens when I touch a vampire with an ability. I soon got used to the horrible smell of human blood while at work to where I am not throwing up a lot. So when we talked in my office and you said your mate was a shifter and I replied with not exactly, this is what I meant. I am a hybrid. I have only been tempted once to kill a human being but they were already dead. That was when Jasmine came into the hospital and was covered in bruises. I was so angry someone could do that to a little girl that my wolf and vampire side were crawling to get out and protect this little girl. So I did the best thing anyone could do and adopt her. And I am very thank for that I did."

The rest of the evening we kept talking. As we made it back, I loaded Jasmine up in the car. The kids started school tomorrow so I would be taking Jasmine to work with me. Once she was situated, I turned around to tell Carlisle goodnight. He pulled me into a hug and held me close. "I accept this bond my little hybrid, mi amor." He says.

"And I accept you estimado." I say.

Before I knew it, he placed his fingers under my chin lifting my face to look at him. He slowly moved his hand onto my cheek pulling my face to him slowly as he leans down to connect our lips. I felt the sparkles going through us as he continued to slowly yet passionately kiss me. As we pull apart he smirks down at me.

"Since we have had our first date now, I will accept being taken now. So at work let the games begin Uley. I look forward to innocently flirting, sneaking in kisses, and driving you crazy" he says making me giggle.

"The game has begun Cullen." I say placing one more knee weakening kiss on his soft lips. He opened my car door for me and closed it once I got in. I got Jasmine home, cleaned up and to bed. I thought about my date all night until I finally fell asleep thinking about a certain blond headed vampire.