Chapter 61

-during Athena's dream-

Being away from my love is hard. I want her more than anything but I can't risk her life over my own selfish desires. My heart aches for her.

Today is just a horrible day for me. I've done nothing but lay in bed and think of her. I keep thinking of the night I confessed my love to her.

Flash back
She was standing on the edge of the deck looking out on the lake view listening to the forest around us.

I walked up and wrapped my arms around her from behind, pulling her close. She relaxed into me and just took in the moment. I turned her around and placed her face gently in my hands. I started to stroke her cheek looking deep into her eyes.

"The day you ran into me in the hospital hallway was the best day of my life. I had been waiting for you for so long and there you finally were. So gorgeous, beautiful, and breath taking. Over these last three months have been nothing but amazing with you. You and Jasmine have brought such a joy into my life. Athena, I have fallen for you. The way you laugh when it's late at night and your tired, how you curl into me during a scary movie wanting protection, the way you care for Jasmine and the kids, how your nose scrunches up cutely, the way your eyes light up when it's raining outside, the way you bite your lip when concentrate, your love and compassion for your job and so much more. But most importantly Athena, I love you. And I am in love with you." I tell her.

Tears start to pool in her eyes. She leans her head into my hand and closes her eyes. When she opens them she looks into mine again. "Carlisle when I imprinted on you I have a lingering buzz feeling. I had butterflies in my stomach and felt like a school girl having a crush. You have been so accepting of what I am, who I am, and of Jasmine. You've stepped up to be the father she needs and wants. I have fallen for you too. The way you protect your family, how series you take your job, the way you chuckle at the guys when they are being dumb, how you hold Jasmine when she wants to cuddle, the way you eyes light up when we walk into a room, your smile and more. Carlisle, I love you too. And I am in love with you." She says continuing to look into my eyes.

Flash back over.

I then start thinking about how I've failed her as a mate. I didn't listen to her concerns about Bella being in the family, I continued and still am letting Edward have control. All because he threatened my mate and little girl. That may make me sound like a coward for now sticking up for what I love, but with the way Edward has been acting I couldn't help but fear him a little bit.

As I continued to lay there, I think about holding her in my arms. As she used to snuggle into my chest, I'd run my hand up and down her back rubbing it or I'd run my fingers through her hair. I would always get stuck in my thoughts about her while being so close to her.

I then thought about everything Edward has done. He brought a blood singer into this life, caused her to be attacked by a nomad, forced everyone to be around her, and then the birthday party disaster. He's threatened me and Emmett on hurting our mates, and on top of that, Alice is acting more weird than usual.

Emmett and I are miserable without our mates and yet she's acting just fine with Jasper being gone. Is she lying about them being mates? Is she just using him for his power? What is going on?! I keep asking myself.

I miss Athena, I miss Jasmine, I miss everything I had and just walked away from. I can only blame myself but I want her back so bad. I push my head into the pillow more and take another in my arms and just start dry sobbing into.

Every since Rose left I have been miserable

Every since Rose left I have been miserable. She texts me all the time or calls me and tells me she misses me. She keeps asking why she had to leave but I couldn't tell her that Edward was threatening her life. She means to much to me.

During this whole move, Esme and Klaus ended up leaving and going to his hometown to see his family in New Orleans. Edward keeps coming and going as he wants and Alice is well Alice. What's weird is that Carlisle and I are miserable about being away from our mates, yet Alice is just fine with not having Jasper around. It's weird. You'd think she'd want him around.

I'm soon brought out of my thoughts when I hear dry sobbing coming from Carlisle's room. Thanks to my vampire hearing I hear him say "I'm so sorry Athena. I'm so sorry" while continuing to sob. It was breaking my dead heart hearing my father figure like this.

I decided texted Rose about it.
Emmett: Carlisle is dry sobbing and keeps saying "I'm so sorry Athena" over and over again.

Rose: it's sad. I really want to feel bad but he broke moms heart. She did everything for us and she gets paid back by him walking away from her.

Emmett: I know. I just wish none of this would've happened. Then we could've all been happy. You know?

Rose: yeah I understand. I'm going crazy without you but it's weird, Jasper is doing just fine.

Emmett: yeah so is Alice. Not once have I seen her miserable about being away from him. Could she be lying about them being mates?

Rose: it's possible. Hey I have to go mom just showed up and she does not look good. I love you xoxo

Emmett: I love you more xoxoxo