Chapter 60

It's been a 2 weeks now since Jared was hurt

It's been a 2 weeks now since Jared was hurt. He was finally healed up but I decided to have him sit out an extra week. Jasmine stayed by his side as much as she could. At times she still felt at fault for him getting hurt but everyone kept reassuring her it wasn't her fault. Eventually she accepted that it wasn't her fault but still did everything she could to make Jared happy. She even fully gave up her stuffy for him to have at nights because she thought it would help like it has with her in the past. Right now Jared seems to be more in the protector stage than sibling stage and that's fine considering what Jacob has tried to do to Jasmine.

On top of all that, Taylor is due a in 2 weeks now.
I also have had to deal with Jacob begging me to let him back in the pack.

Flashback
"Athena please. Don't do this. I made some mistakes but to be shunned from the pack? Come on please just forgive me" he says.

"I would forgive you if I knew you meant it but I know you don't. You only want in the pack that way we can help protect that fucking blood bag and that's not going to happen. Because of her and your stupidity, Jared almost died. Also, let's not forget you being an ass towards my daughter causing her to go back into having more PTSD episodes. You could've just walked away from her but no you threw her in the water. She rejected you and yet you still made claims she was yours when she's not. I'm done having this conversation Jacob. You have to face your consequences for your actions and this is it. You told an outsider about us and our sacred laws which then led to you attacking your own pack brother. So now you have to face being a lone wolf and never having an imprint. On top of that, you will also have to live with the fact that Bella will never love you like you want her to. She doesn't care about you but you are too blind to see she's using you. I know if Edward ever returns she will drop you faster than you can blink and then what? You come back try to apologize to everyone for what you did when you could've just listened to us in the first place? Not going to happen. The elders are disappointed in you and the pack does not trust or like you anymore." I tell him.

He starts tearing up "Athena please. One more chance." He begs

"No. I'm sorry but there shouldn't have to be any chances. You should've listened to your alphas orders then none of this would be happening." I say and walk away from him.

Flashback over.

After that day, he finally got to hint that I would not go back on my word. He was still forced to run patrols but could no do much more with the pack. Bella even tried coming and talking to me but I shut that down real quick. I was not interested in listening to her bitch and complain while having a fake apology. Everything going on has been stressful and I just need a break.

Today was that day for my break. I decided to make the day for myself. The kids were at school and I had the day off since it was Friday. After the kids were fed, I dropped them off at school. On my way home I picked up some breakfast from the diner because I didn't want to cook for myself. When I can home, I turned on some tv and ate my food.

Since I didn't have kids to worry about, I took a nice hot bubble bath. It was relaxing. I could feel my muscles loosen up from being tense all the time. After an hour of soaking in the tub, I got out and dressed in some sweats and a tank top and took a nice long needed nap.

When I woke up, I was laying on something hard. I started to flutter my eyes open and see Carlisle next to me. I was shocked.

"Hello darling." He says. I'm still confused at this point.

"What are you doing here? You left?" I say to him.

He raises an eyebrow and looks at me. "I know I did but I came back because I needed you. I missed you too much and I couldn't stay away any longer." He says.

"Why did you have to leave?" I asked.

"Edward threatened yours and Jasmines life." He says.

"I don't understand?" I say confused still about what's happening.

He pulls me closer to his chest, "after Bella's party and you both left, Edward told us we needed to leave. I didn't want to but then he came into my office and pinned me down and started threatening to harm you and kill you including Jasmine." He says.

"But he wouldn't be able to? I'm a hybrid Carlisle I don't need protection from a petty boy." I say.

"I know Athena. Trust me I do. But the thought of him hurting you or Jasmine because of me. I-I-I just wouldn't be able to live with myself anymore. I know I've hurt you so much by leaving and Jasmine as well but I really thought it was for the best." He says.

I nod my head in understanding but that doesn't mean I fully forgive him. "Has he threatened anyone else?" I asked.

"Yes he did the same to Emmett but instead of it being over leaving, it was over accepting Bella into the family." He says running his fingers through my hair.

"And Alice?" I asked.

"Something is going on there. And I'm not sure what it is. Between the way both her and Edward are talking something is going on. But I don't know what." He tells me.

I just hum in response and cuddle further into him. He kept rubbing my back and holding me close to him. I looked into his eyes and got lost in those golden orbs.

"I love you Athena. More than anything."

"I love you Carlisle." I say back

He starts leaning in to kiss me.

All of a sudden I gasp awake and look over and see an empty bed and no Carlisle. I start tearing up..

...it was just a dream