Chapter 8

I woke up this morning and got Jasmine's breakfast ready for her

I woke up this morning and got Jasmine's breakfast ready for her. Once it is done I go and wake her up. We eat breakfast together and after I help get her cleaned up and ready for the day.

As I am getting ready I turn on some cartoons for her to watch as she snuggles with her stuffed wolf. I get dressed and load us up in the car and head to work.

I have an easier day today mainly catching up on some paper work and check ups. I carry Jasmine in and Sharon walks over to us handing me a coffee. "Good morning dear. And good morning to you little one." She says. Jasmine giggles and shyly hides into my neck again.

"Good morning Sharon." I say and walk to day care to drop Jasmine off.

She instantly ran in and started playing with the others and the toys. I headed to my office to drop my things off and head to my first check up. As I am walking I over hear some of the interns talking about Dr. Cullen and how he's so hot. I can agree he is. But they need to back off he's mine.

I got to my first check up and see that it is Megan. "Hi Megan!"

"Dr. Uley. How are you!" She says.

"Sweetie, please just call me Athena. And I'm doing well. I adopted a little girl. She's my everything. Let's see how your little one is doing since the surgery." I say. I begin setting up the ultra sound. Not long after we could hear a strong little heart beat.

"Would you like to know the gender? Or wait?" I ask. She looks at her husband and smiles.

"We'd like to know."

"It looks like you are having a baby boy!" I say excitingly!

I continued to go through my day and as I'm sitting in my office I am suddenly paged. "Dr. Uley to the day care area please." The over head page says. I don't even think twice about it and I run toward the day care scared of what could be happening.

When I get there I see Jasmine in the corner sobbing her heart out. I get to her quickly to see what's wrong. She looks up and sees me and jumps to latch onto me and cries even more. My heart is breaking at this point because she is letting out such big cries and it's giving her the hiccups.

I take her out of the room and down the hall a little bit. I don't think twice before I send calming waves to her to help calm her down. "Baby it's okay. I'm here. Mama's here. Can you tell me whats wrong?" I ask.

She keeps crying and looks at me.
"T-t-they were back a-a-and try to to urt m-me."

"Baby who was trying to hurt you?" I ask.

"The meanies who h-hit me".

"Oh baby. Look at mama." I say wiping her tears away. "Those people will never get you baby. Me, uncle Sammy and Jared will always protect you okay? Mama has some paper work to do the rest of the day so why don't you come to my office and be with me okay?" I say to her.

She nods her head and snuggles close to me like she's afraid I'll disappear.

I walk back to day care and get her stuff. I see a staff member there and go up to them. "Hi, do you know what set on her crying?" I asked.

"She was having nap time and just woke up screaming and crying. We think it was a nightmare. We tried calming her down but it wasn't working. I'm so sorry."

"Hey it's okay. She's fine now. Thank you for trying." I say grabbing her bag and walk out headed to my office.

As I am walking I see Carlisle walking in my direction. "Hi. Good to see you again." He says.

"Yeah you too. Do you have a few minutes to talk?" I ask.

"Yes I'm just starting my break." He says.

He follows me to the office and I see Jasmine is completely knocked out from crying. I quickly pull out a blanket and wrap it around her to keep her warm and continue to hold her against me.
"So, I hear you had a meeting with my brother yesterday." I say.

He looks at me confused for a second.
"I'm Athena Uley. Sam's Twin." As soon as I said that his eyes go wide.

"Well I did not see that coming." He says.

"Yeah me either."

It was silent for a few minutes. "So my mate is a shifter"

"Well not exactly but I see my imprint is a vampire."

"Imprint?" He asks.

"Yes. It's essentially the same as a mate except the wolf will be anything they person needs. A friend, sibling, protector, or lover." I say.

He nods his head. "What did you mean by not exactly?" He asked.

"Oh that's a story for another time. Maybe after the first date. Depends on how nice i am feeling." I say letting out a chuckle.

"Well then I better get to planning a date huh?" He says.

"Completely up to you Cullen."

"I guess it is Uley. Why don't you come over after work for dinner. Since Sam has meet everyone, you can meet them too." He says hopefully. "Plus Esme my sister will be excited to cook someone dinner"

I look at him for a few seconds. "Okay. That sounds good." I say with a smile.

The rest of the day flew by. I had finished all my paperwork and was starting to pack up. Jasmine was awake now and I have turned on some cartoons again in my office for her to stay relaxed. After adopting her I put a tv in her in case something like this happened and she was in my office.

Before I got ready to leave, I told Sam I was invited over with Carlisle to meet his family and have dinner. At first he was not happy about it but then understood he was an imprint.

So here I am driving and following Carlisle to his home to meet everyone. Yay.