Chapter 21

Christmas Day and New Years flew by

Christmas Day and New Years flew by. Carlisle and I decided not to stress about getting married fast. We wanted to enjoy the process.

During I had decided to take some time off work to spend that extra time with Jasmine since it was her first holidays with me. However since it is after the New Years I am back.

I had to drop off Jasmine before I went in. "Have a great day princess. Mommy loves you." I tell her giving her a kiss.

"I love you too mommy!" She giggles out giving me a hug. I walk her up to her class aid then watch as they both go inside.

I make my way back to my truck and head to work. I'm nervous since I haven't been here for a few weeks. After arriving I walk through the doors and see Sharon.

"Oh deary I have missed you around this place." She says hugging me.

"Aw that's so sweet. I've missed being here but I have enjoyed time with my little one." I say placing my hand on hers after our hug.

She rubs her thumb and feels my ring. She looks down and gasps. "Dr. Uley is this what I think it is?" She asks with a smirk.

"My engagement ring. Yes. Yes it is!" I say. She lets out a small cheer of excitement. I look over and see my fiancé headed my way now.

"Hello mi amor. Jasmine dropped off okay for school?" He asked.

"Yes she is. She is much better about leaving us now." I tell him. Sharon looks between us both.

"Congratulations you two. You make a beautiful couple!" She says.

We said our thanks and went back to our days. I just finished up my lunch break and saw one of the nurses trying to flirt with Carlisle.

"I feel like I haven't seen you around here much Doctor. It's so much brighter around when you are here." She says.

Uhg. This bitch. I roll my eyes and put on my fake smile and walk over to Carlisle. "Hey honey, I just got off the phone with our wedding planner and she's just waiting for us to pick a day to schedule a meeting." I say kissing his cheek.

The nurse looks at me and I subtly flash my ring as I run on my on his arm. "Okay sounds good dear." He says kissing me. "I have a consultation to get to." He says and walks away. I turn back to the nurse and she gives me the stink eye.

"He's marrying you? He could definitely do better in my opinion" she says. I just chuckle.

"Oh yea? Funny because I think in his opinion I am what his wants. I mean considering it's me that has him moaning in the bedroom." I wink at her and walk away.

As I walk down the hallway I am pushed against the wall. "Oh mi amor, I think it is you who is moaning and even begging in the bedroom." He says kissing my mate mark making me moan under his touch.

He smirks at me as he pulls back and walks away.

Once my shift was over I went and picked up Jasmine. I was waiting by the pick up section with the other moms and she ran out crying. Oh no. "Mommy" she says sniffling. She launches herself into my arms and kept sniffling.

I took her to the truck away from the crowd so she could calm down. "Princess what's wrong. Mommy can't help if you don't tell her." I say brushing the tears off her cheeks.

"I had another nightmare during nap time. And all I wanted was you." She cries more.

"Oh baby what happened?" I asked her softly.

"Those mean people were drowning me again." She say starting to shake. My heart is breaking for her right now.

"How about we go home and cuddle with daddy? What do you say? Daddy makes everything better too." I tell her getting her in her car seat.

"You cuddle too?" She asked. I kissed her nose.

"Oh I'm gonna snuggle you all night princess." Tickling her a little bit getting her to giggle.

Once I get in the truck, I turn on some calming music to help her relax but she's still distraught. My poor little girl. We soon got to Carlisle's house and I helped her out of her car seat. She was still red eyed and puffy. She was latching onto me afraid I would disappear.

"It's okay princess. Mommy is here and protecting you."

I carry her inside and she has her head buried into my neck. Once to the living room so wiggles down and runs to Carlisle's office.

"Daddy!" She yells running through the halls.

"No running Jasmine." I always have to remind her.

It wasn't long until Carlisle came out of the office carrying Jasmine. "Mommy you promised cuddles." She said. I smile and chuckle at her.

"Yes I did princess." I tell her. The three of us then sit down and cuddle on the couch together as we watch Aladdin. So ironic.

Esme was so sweet and made dinner for us. After hearing about another nightmare Jasmine had, Esme wanted me to stay with Jasmine to help keep her calm. It wasn't long until the others came in and were watching the movie with us.

After another 30 minutes Esme announced dinner so we paused the movie and I took Jasmine in to eat. While we were talking Alice walks in and stops getting a vision. Once she pulls out of her trance she looks at all of us.

"I think Edward's mate is coming to town. I couldn't really get a full image but there were two people and both where blurry but had similar features. I don't know what it is but I think one may be your mate and the other your singer." Alice tells us.

Edward just stares at Alice reading her mind of the vision again. Then Carlisle speaks up. "It will be okay. We will figure it all out as a family" he says.

Shortly after dinner we finished our movie and Jasmine and I went back to my house for the evening. I got her cleaned up and to bed. I couldn't help but think of Alice's vision. "I really hope it isn't his singer" I say out loud to myself.