Chapter 3

I get home and I call Sam to come over from his cabin

I get home and I call Sam to come over from his cabin. It did not take him long to get there.
"Hey sis. You sounded pretty urgent on the phone what is up?"

"Okay before you say anything, I need you to understand, I am doing what is best and finally getting my dream okay?" I ask

"Yeah of course." He said.

"I adopted a 2 year old girl today who is also my soul daughter." I blurt out.

I wait silently leaning against the counter waiting for him to say anything.
"What's the story?" He asked,

"Abusive parents. The neighbors heard yelling and screaming so they called the police, and then the house went up in flames. Both parents are dead and she was found in a closet. She is smaller than what a 2 year old is suppose to be, plus she would not talk to anyone other than me. The social worker and I talked and since I am who I am in the town, they were able to go through the process faster. She also does not have any other family left. The social worker asked me to talk with Jasmine if she wanted to come home with me. So I went in and talked to her and she answered some basic questions for me about her home life and said she wanted to come with me. Sam you know how much I have wanted kids especially since I cannot have my own. I know you probably think this is ridiculous and it isn't like me to do a spur of the moment thing, but I feel something inside of me trying to crawl out and adopt this girl." I say beginning to tear up.

Sam walks up to me and pulls me into a hug. "Hey, I will support you, and make sure this girl has the best uncle in the world."

"I am really glad you wanna be the best uncle, but she is gonna need her best uncle to help me set up all the stuff for her room tomorrow morning." I say with a big smile. He groans causing me to laugh.

"You are lucky I love you, and will do anything to make sure you and Jasmine are comfortable."

"Okay well great, get to bed. The truck will be here tomorrow morning at 6am."

He ended up staying in the spare room I had for him or other guests when they were over.
As I lay in bed I am thankful I left that other room completely blank for this reason.

It is now 5am and I did not get very much sleep. I kept thinking all night if Jasmine was okay and how would she like her room after it was decorated. I brought the paint home with me so I started painting the walls since I was already awake. I purposely made this room with a non-cabin feel so I could do whatever with it if I ever adopted a child.

I was very artsy when I wanted to be, however, I started off easy with the contact paper first for her play area. This room was pretty big because I wanted to adopt young. So I made sure to have room for toys. Once the contact paper was placed, I started on the other walls.

Soon it was 6am and the truck was here. Sam was already up and helping the workers carry everything in. I paid a little extra to have them stay and help set up her bed.