12 • द्वादशः

M I N A K S H I

"It's very important for a woman to be self dependent this days, we all mingle with different people from different mindsets. You know how men and women these days are. They will not spare a chance to hurm others." My grandfather in law spoke up. I agreed with his statement.

"Ambika you have the blessings of Maa Kamakhya (Hindu goddess) it's very important for you to take care of yourself. It's true that there's always bodyguards around you but what about you? Why don't you learn self defense?" He asked looking at Trishul's sister.

She looked down without saying anything and continued to eat her food.

"Ambika your grandfather asked you about something." My mother in law reminded.

She blinked for few time and opened her mouth to speak,"I-I-I... I am ver-r-ry weak." She replied. I understood that she have a issue of stammering whenever she is upset or very nervous.

"Weak? What do you mean by that? I can't belive this is your excuse for being lazy!" Grandfather yelled.

She looked down,"Y-You know that d-d-doctor said that my body is w-w-weak."

"But the doctor never said that you can't train yourself a little bit."

"B-B-But-" before she can continue Trishul interrupted,"If she doesn't want to practise, she doesn't have to. Don't force my sister." He spoke up in an authoritative tone. He stood up from the table and left.

I squeezed her left hand for comfort and she sighed. I continued glancing at her upset face and confused face.

"Her brother's love will destroy her someday!" I heard Grandfather saying saying.

Ambika is no ordinary woman she has blessings of Maa Kamakhya which means that she can have command on her birth. If she wants a boy she will get one, if she wants a girl she will get one. She can also choose her child's striking feature. If she wants a child who is as strong as an elephant she can get one.

This is also a reason why so many people wants to marry her.

T R I S H U L

Things were going smoothly, I ignored Minamma and she ignored me or should I say she is just like a stone whenever I am around, not talking, moving or reacting. She always keeps her head low. I prefer her like that, the less visible she will be the more happy I will be.

It's been three days since I last drank alcohol, I will call that as an achievement. I thought I will drink day and night after my marriage but somehow it went opposite, maybe because she doesn't disturb me too much or she is not very much present in my life.

I saw the door of my office open and Aakash walked inside, he smiled at me and I returned the smile. He took out a chair and sat down,"So how is married life?"

I gave him an annoyed look, he knows very well how much this word triggers my sadness,"What do you think?"

"You hate your wife don't you?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes,"Yes."

"As you should."

I raised my eyebrows at him and he continued,"I mean she is forced into your life so why would you even like her or anything."