6 • षष्ठी

T R I S H U L

It's been two days since the accident, I haven't met her. I tried to ignore her, because I was very confused about my feelings. All I know is that I don't feel anything about her and I am still in love with Mohini. She was leaving today with her family, I was relieved. But she will come back after three days for the wedding. Our wedding.

I was sitting in my car and going towards our rice factory, I have a packed up schedule today, one of our rice mill got burned by some accident and twenty workers died in that accident. The car parked near the factory and I went out. Smoke was everywhere, millions of rupees wasted. But what's more important was the lives of the people who died. So many women, men and children were crying.

I was wearing a white Kurta, trouser with a light blue sleeveless Bandhgala jacket. I removed my sunglass and hand it to my Personal assistant. I moved closer to the police,"Sir what do you think?" I asked.

The inspector smile at me,"Good morning sir." I nodded my head,"We have just started our investigation so we can't say much about this but all we can say is that it was an accident and not intentional."

I nodded my head,"Keep me updated." I walked towards the crying families. An old women came towards me and hugged me,"বাবু! এ কি হয় গেলো বাবু?"

(Sir, what all these happened?)

I patted her back lightly in a soothing manner,"Ja kopale achhey sheytai hoichhe." (Whatever was in fate, that's what happened) I looked at my personal assistant who whispered the name of the deceased. "Swapan Dada akjon bhalo manush chhilen, bhogoban takey Shanti te rakhben. Tar attma jano sworge jeiga pai" ( Brother Swapan was a good man, God will keep him at peace. May his soul go to heaven)

The woman cried frantically, while looking at me. I felt so bad. "Apnar bari te ar k k achey?" I asked. (Who else is there in your family)

"Ami ar amar meye" (me and my daughter)

"Apni sraddho Shanti r por ashben amar office a. Ami apnar chakri r bebostha korbo"

(Come to my office after the funeral I will arrange a job for you)

She nodded her head and I looked at the crowd,"After funeral, everybody can come to my office. I will arrange a job for you, till then I am offering 50,000 rupees to all of you please accept it." I said and pressed my hand together. I did a namaskar and talk with all the family members, and tried to console them. My PA gave all the families 50,000 cash. I noticed a small boy standing and looking at two dead bodies, with a blank face.

"Hi." I tried to talk with him.

He didn't replied,"How old are you?" I asked.

"10" he replied.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Both my parents died. Mother and father. Together." He replied nonchalantly. I felt my heart broke, I can't even imagine my life without my parents and here he... "Rhea?" I called my PA, she approached me. "Take him to my car and prepare his family's funeral. Also you wait at the car, I am coming." I went to the family member,"I am leaving, if there's any need contact with me." I announced.