Silva-You Did Love Me

Silva is struggling with Jake's true feelings and it leads to a heated argument between the two lovers. Until you remind Silva of something.

Mentions violence, swearing and sex but nothing too serious.

***

Silva has come to see you. He's quite upset, pacing back and forth, a scowl etched into his weathered and weary face. You ache to soothe his agitation but you also know how much Silva's lover, Sheriff Jake, could offend him.

"He's only interested in screwing!" Silva rants, still scowling. You watch his agitated movements, his fingers clenching and unclenching into fists, trembling, his bottom lip puffed out, the moisture forming in his beautiful dark eyes.

"Silva, you know you love Jake," you murmur softly. "And Jake loves you."

"Then why did he say those hurtful things to me?"

You recall the heated conversation between Silva and Jake. Jake is a good man. But his tongue is often too sharp and he struggles with saying how he truly feels in regards to Silva.

"You only care about getting a good tumble!" Silva was angrily getting dressed, scowling at Jake, who looked as angry as Silva, his graying hair slicked back from his recent bath.

"That's not true, Silva! You know I love you!"

"Go to Hell!" Silva snaps, stomping over and grabbing his boots.

"Silva, would you stop being so damn dramatic? Come here." Jake had moved to Silva, touching his cheek but Silva jerked away, furious.

"Don't touch me, you son of a bitch!"

"Fine!" Jake stormed over, grabbing his own boots and sitting down to shove his feet into them, his face turning crimson now.

"Be an asshole! Don't believe me!" Jake stands up, glaring ferociously at Silva, who was glaring right back.

"You lie!" Silva growls softly. "You don't love me! You've never loved anybody!"

"Don't say that!" Jake's fury was swirling within him. "I never loved anybody but you!"

"Oh save it, Jake! I'm through!" Silva had stormed out, heading straight to you.

You'd tried reasoning with him but Silva's heart had been wounded by his first and greatest love, Jake, and there was nothing you could say to appease him.

***

Silva stays with you. You're not complaining. You've loved him yourself but understand that he wants Jake. Although you think Silva might change his mind should he decide he's fed up with Jake for good.

"Silva." You touch his cheek and he smiles a little sadly. You gently cup his cheek with your palm and he kisses it.

"Jake does love you."

"Do not speak his name!" Silva turns away, his shoulders slumped, his body trembling. You wrap your arms around Silva's middle and he breaks, sobbing softly.

"Oh my, Silva," you whisper, your heart breaking for him. You wish there was something you could say that would make everything better.

"He says he loves me," Silva sobs. "But he just wants to use me to make him feel good!"

The door swings open and...in steps Jake. He's holding his hat in his hands, practically twisting it into knots, his blue eyes downcast. You step back from Silva, giving his hand a gentle squeeze.

"Silva, could we talk, privately?" Jake's gaze swings to you. You understand.

"I'll be back in a while." Silva is roughly wiping at his eyes and it's hard for you to leave him but Jake deserves a chance.

***
You know you shouldn't be hovering close by, eavesdropping to Silva and Jake's conversation. But in your defense, you're doing this to make sure that Silva doesn't kill Jake.

"What did you want?" Silva's voice is ice cold.

"To apologize." Jake sounds contrite.

"For?"

"You know I love you, Silva."

"Do I?" Silva certainly wasn't making this easy on poor Jake. Not that Jake didn't deserve to squirm a little after breaking poor Silva's heart.

"Silva," Jake sighs. "I'm sorry. I need you. So damn much."

"Then prove it." Silva's voice breaks and it takes everything inside you not to run in, grab Silva and comfort him.

"I will."

"How?"

"By making you the best damn meal you've ever had." Jake sounds falsely bright.

"No. Get the hell away from me!" Silva comes storming out of your place and immediately sees you standing there. You smile. Silva just shakes his head and heads for the saloon, preferably to get drunk.

***

Silva is staying with you. You're very pleased for that, although you do feel somewhat badly for Jake, especially since you're friends with him as well.

Jake keeps coming by, but Silva refuses to speak with him. You at least speak with him, trying to reassure him that Silva will come around, eventually.

"I'm not as certain." Jake's gaze is trained on the ground and you move, slipping an arm around his waist and giving him a quick squeeze. Jake gives you a sad smile.

"You have to prove it to him, Jake. Silva does love you. But well...let's be honest; you aren't always clear about your feelings."

Jake hangs his head, looking remorseful and you give him another hug. Both of your boys are miserable. All because they won't be honest with one another.

"I didn't mean to scold you," you murmur. "I just hate seeing my boys upset with each other."

"It's all right, Y/N." Jake sniffles, dashing some tears away from his eyes. The door opens and..Silva comes out, looking shy.

"Jake, I heard you out here." Jake steps closer to Silva, extending his hand, tenderly cupping one of Silva's cheeks in his palm, his expression tender.

"I just wanted to see you," Jake murmurs, removing his hand but Silva grabs it, holding Jake's hand to his lips.

"I know." Silva clears his throat, blinking away some tears. "I know you love me, Jake. I didn't mean to push you away."

"All is forgiven, Silva." The two come together, kissing tenderly. You're crying yourself because it's so beautiful.

"It's about time you two made up!" You exclaim. Silva and Jake laugh, clinging to each other.

"Let's have some apple pie." You gesture for them to follow you inside the house, smiling as they hold hands. You knew they'd make up; they always do.