Pedro-New Neighbor

You've recently moved into an apartment in New York City, trying to jumpstart your career as an actor when you discover that Pedro lives across the hall from you.

Some swearing and innuendo but mostly fluff.

......

You slowly trudge up to stairs to your new apartment, feeling lower than low.

You recently moved to New York City, trying along with dozens of others, to make it the acting business.

You've already gone out on several auditions, yet so far you've bombed out, not receiving any callbacks.

You sigh as you fish your keys out of your pocket, inserting it into the lock, wanting to just go straight to bed and sleep for a week. Maybe two.

As you're pushing open your door, you hear footsteps approaching and quickly step inside your apartment, not interested in having some phony, cheerful conversation.

You're just about to shut the door, when a deep voice speaks.

"You, uh, dropped this." You turn. Standing next to you is the most handsome man you've ever seen.

He seems vaguely familiar, too, although you doubt you know him. You manage to drag your gaze away from his face and look at what he's holding out to you.

Shit! Your phone! Thank God you didn't lose it! You can't afford to buy a new one. Not with the shitty pay you're making as a barista.

You blush, the heat rushing to your cheeks, as you accept your phone.

"Uh, thanks. Glad you saw this. I'd be in major trouble if I lost it."

The man chuckles warmly, his eyes crinkling at the corners. You also notice his adorable dimples and full lips.

"No problem. I'm Pedro, by the way." You blink. Huh? Is he who you think he is?

Certainly not THE Pedro Pascal? The one who's been in several TV roles on shows you liked AND The Mandalorian?

You realize that you're just standing there, totally zoning out, as Pedro gives you a funny look.

"Oh! Uh, uh, I'm..Y/N. I..I really should get inside. I'm due at work in less than two hours. It was nice meeting you!"

"Yeah. Same." You slip inside your apartment and watch Pedro through your little peephole as he unlocks his apartment door and walks inside, closing the door.

You rush into the bathroom, squealing. Oh. My. God! One of your neighbors is PEDRO PASCAL!!

.......

You have trouble focusing at work, mixing up more than a few orders and getting some rude comments from several customers.

Usually, that sort of thing puts you in a rotten mood. However, since you had that unexpected encounter with THE Pedro Pascal and discovering that he lives across the hall from you, you don't give a shit about these surly people and their damn, mixed up orders.

Once your damn shift is over, you practically fly home, eager to see if Pedro's around. (If you get lucky, maybe he'll invite you over! Hee Hee.)

.....

Fate is kind to you, as guess who's coming up the stairs behind you as you arrive home?

You feel giddy and it makes you light headed. Pedro spots you, flashing a grin.

"Fancy running into you here!" You laugh, aware that it's too high pitched and you're surprised that the windows don't shatter.

"Yeah." You stifle a yawn, suddenly feeling extremely exhausted.

Pedro stops beside you and it takes every ounce of strength to not reach out and touch his face.

"Actually, I'm glad I caught you," Pedro says. "Would you mind hanging out? Or are you too tired?"

As if you're gonna say you're too damn tired amd pass up an opportunity to hang out with Pedro Pascal!

"I am a little tired, but not too tired to hang out for a bit. Just let me get put of my grimy work clothes and I'll be over in a few."

Pedro grins.

"Sounds good. Just knock and I'll let you in whenever you're ready."

"Will do."

.......

You've been having an amazing time with Pedro. He's so funny. And charming. And beautiful. God, so beautiful.

You'd told him practically everything, about how you came to New York, hoping, just all the others, to possibly catch a break.

"It's lame, I know," you say, reaching for your glass of wine that Pedro had popped open.

"There's nothing wrong with wanting to follow your dreams." You nod.

"Actually, I might have something that would interest you."

You look at Pedro. He looks like he has a secret and dying to tell you.

"Oh?"

"Yeah. One of the actors who were supposed to be in the film I'm working on had to drop out at the last minute. You could come by tomorrow and audition, if you'd like."

Whoa. You're floored. To be able to possibly work with Pedro? That would be a dream come true.

"I'd love to, Pedro. And thanks." Pedro leans closer and you know he wants to kiss you.

"Don't thank me yet, Y/N." You reach up, touching Pedro's cheek. His gaze becomes intense.

"Can I kiss you?"

"Yeah." Pedro gently presses his lips to yours and you nearly go through the roof.

Never, ever, in your wildest dreams did you think would ever happen.

......

You and Pedro head in the next morning and you audition and..end up scoring the role!

It's not a big role, but hey, you have to start somewhere, right?

And afterwards, Pedro takes you out on a real date.

"This is a dream come true," you tell Pedro. He chuckles, pulling you closer and giving you a kiss.

You know you're blushing, but you don't care.

You found two amazing things. Your first real role in a major film AND Pedro Pascal.

It doesn't get any better than this.