Javi-Envy

You're an old friend of Javi's and you have strong feelings towards him.

You want to admit them, but you're envious of Javi's long time, assistant, Gabriela and you're afraid Javi doesn't return your feelings.

You end up getting fed up with Gabriela's constant flirting and let her have it

Only Javi overhears and you two end up getting into an argument, which you both later regret.

Some strong language and a bit of innuendo.

......

You're watching as Javi, the, man you've secretly been in love with for several years, as he addresses the entire party.

He's so perfect that all you want to do is just pull him into your arms and simply hold him.

Sigh.

Javi only sees you as a close friend and nothing more.

As soon as Javi finishes his little speech, everyone applauds and you can't stop yourself from smiling.

Another person steps up beside Javi and instantly, your stomach drops.

Gabriela.

You cannot stand this woman! She's constantly flirting with Javi!

And what does Javi do? Does he discourage her ridiculous behavior?

Noo.

He always seems to find Gabriela's flirting adorable and flattering.

You glower at the bitch, as she makes some closing remarks. You see how Javi is looking at her, like she's the most beautiful woman alive.

Your stomach lurches and you nearly lose the food you just ate. You turn away, setting the crystal goblet on a table and start heading for the exit.

"Y/N? You're not leaving?"

You stop, knowing you'll regret the decision to stop and speak with Javi.

You slowly pivot, facing him.

Why does he have to be so damn perfect??

"My sincerest apologies, Javi," you say with an apologetic smile.

"But I must be up early tomorrow morning. So I thought I'd be better off heading for home."

You lean in, giving Javi a quick peck on the cheek and give his hand a gentle squeeze.

Javi nods, returning the kiss, but looking terribly disappointed.

It makes you feel a smidgen better, to know that at least Javi wants you around.

"I am sorry that you must leave so soon," Javi says, his tone not hiding his disappointment.

"I was hoping we could at least have a dance together?"

"Perhaps another time, my Javi. Goodbye."

Javi releases your hand and steps back, giving you a smile.

"Yes, of course. Goodbye."

You smile back and head out, just managing to notice how Gabriela is instantly by Javi's side the moment you're gone.

......

You've been invited to a luncheon with Javi and a few other close friends the following day and you couldn't be more pleased.

If only, though, you could get Javi, alone, if only for a few minutes, so you could admit to him how you feel about him.

Fat chance of that, with that simpering bitch constantly hanging off of him!