21

His mind was filled with a series of "why's"

Why did his father slap him, his own son?

Why was he such a weakling?

Why did he have to fail them?

Why did he have to fail himself?

Why did it hurt so much?

Why did his heart ache so badly?

He thought as he ran. The thoughts racing along with him, in his mind. Tormenting him with all the thoughts. God damn did his head hurt. Yet the only thing that he could think about was running away and why. Oh how he despised that word, and himself. Heck why was he even running right now? He probably looked like a fool, running on sidewalk. Crashing into people, all the while sobbing hysterically.

Though he couldn't even bring himself to look up from where he was going, even if he had the will to, the tears wouldn't allow his vision to clear enough, at least not to see straight.

His eyes were all a blurred mush, just like his mind and the rest of his body. He felt so icky, but he couldn't stop crying, or running. Beomgyu didn't even know where he was going, didn't matter at the moment though. He would continue going wherever his legs dragged him.

He didn't know how much time had passed since he left the house, but he he knew where he was. He ended up in a park, beomgyu remembered going there once before it was when he was younger. He remembered playing there with hueningkai. The two had been inseparable, even when they were only in primary school.

This park wasn't a park, park it had no play structure, it was more on the natural side. The park itself was big, with various grass and flower fields. Along with gardens and hills, if climbed giving the perfect view of Seoul. It even had a path going through the whole of it.

Beomgyu was so tired of crying and walking around, in all honesty he came here because nature was a calming mechanism for him. Walking through the park did seem like a good idea to calm his nerves.

Once he finally succeeded in drying his very wet eyes he began walking down the single path. Soon, beomgyu's saw what looked like Han river? Oh yeah, he totally forgot that the path crossed Han river. Well now at least he could admire the river. Beomgyu's continued walking, while staring at the beauty around him. Beomgyu ended up reaching the hill, deciding to climb it since he really had nothing better to do.

Soon beomgyu reached the top, he spotted a bench near him and headed over, it was perfect timing since his legs were just about starting to ache. Well, why wouldn't they after the amount of walking he had done...

As he sat down he couldn't help but admire the view. From the hill, seoul city was visible. It was definitely one of the greatest viewing spots around the area. Beomgyu's heaved a sigh, not really feeling up to admiring the view anymore. His once sharp eyed gaze turned into a blank stare.  Some might even say he looked lifeless.

He was lost in thoughts, not even noticing the few tears that had managed to spill from his eyes, or even the voice calling out to him, not until he felt something or rather someone shaking the daylights out of him.

He hadn't even realized that it was once again golden hour, to be precise the sun would likely begin setting in a few minutes.

"Beomgyu? What are you doing here?"

"Beomgyu?"

"B-beomgyu? Why are you crying? What happened?"

"Beomgyu."

"Beomgyu!"

"Wha- yes? Yes!"

"Oh my god, beomgyu do you know how worried I was? You weren't answering and on top of that your face is stained with tears."

Only then did beomgyu's vision clear enough for him to actually see ahead of him. What he saw was yeonjun, staring down at him with worry coating his features. His eyebrows were furrowed and his eyes were slightly widened. He had a frown gracing his lips, that didn't seem to go away.

Beomgyu stared with even wider eyes, his lips began trembling ever so slightly. Then a choked sob escaped from his lips, a heart breaking sob. Soon his eyes were glossy and misty, tears were threatening to spill again.

Yeonjun stood still just staring into his soul. Then he did something unexpected.

He hugged him.

Yeonjun trapped beomgyu in what was the warmest hug he's ever experienced. Sending a tingling feeling where his arms met his body. At this point beomgyu was breaking down, full on sobbing, into yeonjun's chest. Wetting his shirt and everything. Yet, yeonjun couldn't bring himself to care about any of that. He just let him take it all out.

It was so warm...

Soon yeonjun shifted over to the bench and took a seat next to beomgyu, all the while hugging his from the side. Beomgyu didn't stop crying, he hadn't even come close to calming down. Crying nonstop but now onto yeonjun's shoulder.

After a few minutes, the sobs began to lessen, gradually dropping down to quiet sniffles as the exhaustion began to kick in.

There they were, sitting on the bench. Looking at the sunset...

Together

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi ppl, help u enjoyed the chapter 🥰

Anyways have a good day or night 🫡