Chapter Ninety - Two - Spikes

((Notes: Just updated the Hedley Dixon playlist on Spotify so... enjoy. Just look up Hedley Dixon // TWD Fanfiction // Wattpad - By BugBoy :3 )) 

The group met up with Ozzy and a cart that was destroyed. It looked like the scene of an ambush.

"We were clearing the roads. Spotted tracks leading here." Ozzy said.

"It's from Hilltop." Magna said, seeing the contents.

"Dead didn't do this... People did." Ozzy muttered.

Michonne's head snapped up, "The skins? You know about them?"

Ozzy nodded, "We got the download. Strange times, strange ways to cope. Anyway. Yeah. That'd be my guess. If anyone else was out here, my patrols would've seen 'em. Something else... They put up a fight."

Daryl saw some tracks and pointed them out, "Hey. Drug 'em out this way."

"Let's go." Dianne was quick to jump in.

"We can't all just go rushing in there."

"They could still be alive."

"But if those skin freaks followed them from Hilltop, the whole community is in danger right now."

"So we split up." Michonne suggested.

"Carl, Hedley, Michonne and I can go with Daryl. We'll track 'em. The rest of you, go on to Hilltop." Carol ordered.

"We'll keep up our patrols around the Kingdom. Just in case. 'Course, this means you owe us a couple of movies when this is done." Said Ozzy.

Carol smiled, "I'm sure I can work that out."

Yumiko soon joined Daryl's group after saying goodbye to Magna.

And soon it was dark and the dead didn't sleep.

Carol held a torch for the path as Daryl tracked. Everyone held their weapons tightly, ready for anything.

"I don't know if there's a happy ending here." Said Carol quietly.

Daryl stopped then frowned, "The trail... goes off in three different ways. Don't make sense."

Twigs snapping in the distance made Daryl order the others to go back but it was too late. The dead surrounded them, leaving to do nothing but fight.

Back to back with their people, they fought with everything they had. Killing Walker after Walker. And just as they thought no more could come, more did but this time they weren't Walkers. They were people wearing masks.

Their own weapons drawn, one with a gun.

Then a voice.

"Drop them. I won't ask twice."

It was Beta. Alive.

He came out from the trees and his presence was haunting.

The group had no choice but to put down their weapons.

Beta went up in front of Daryl, voice low and threatening, "You just had to give me the girl. No one else had to die. Now that deal... is done."

Beta took Hedley by the shirt and pulled him out. Daryl and Carl charged but the Skins grabbed them and started to tie their hands behind their backs. Beta took Hedley to a tree and slammed him against the bark.

Beta used his strength to hold Hedley to the tree. He looked at Daryl, "This is your kid, right?"

"Leave him alone." Daryl growled.