Chapter Fifty - Five - Family Line

(( Notes: Everyone get your tissues and get ready to cry :( ))) 

It landed on Abraham.

Abraham lifted himself higher on his knees, accepting fate. He lifted a peace sign to show Sasha, his eyes firmly on Negan.

Sasha started to cry.

"Anybody moves, anybody says anything, cut the boy's other eye out and feed it to his father and then we'll start. You can breathe, you can blink, you can cry. Hell, you're all gonna be doing that." Negan lifted his bat over his head and forced it down onto Abraham's head. Abraham lifted himself back up, blood pouring from his caved in skull. "Ho! Ho! Look at that. Taking it like a champ!"

"S-Suck... My... Nuts..."

Negan kept swinging, again and again and again. And soon, Abraham was dead.

Hedley was panting, crying and shaking. Carl kept his hand in his as he felt Hedley start to slip.

"Did you hear that? He said 'Suck my nuts'." Negan laughed.

The blows kept going, at this point it was just for entertainment. Sasha was crying, body jolting with every swing of the bat.

Negan flung his bat, letting Abraham's blood spray.

"Oh, my goodness! Look at this! You guys, look at my dirty girl! Sweetheart Lay your eyes on this." He put the bat in front of Rosita. "Oh, damn. Were you -- Were you together? That sucks. But if you were, you should know there was a reason for all this. Red -- and hell, he was, is, and will ever be red. He just took one or six or seven for the team! So takea damn look. Take a damn look!"

Daryl leaped from where he was and punched Negan.

"Daryl!" Rick yelled.

"Dad!" Hedley yelled also, he leaped in to help and so did Merle.

"Hedley, no!" Carl shouted.

The Dixons went in but were soon separated by Saviours, forcing them down on the ground, weapons aimed at them.

"No! Oh, no. That? Oh, my! That is a no-no. The whole thing -- not one bit of that shit flies here."

Hedley was face first in the dirt, he craned his head to the side and saw Merle doing the same, in the same hold.

"It's alright, lil' Dixon." He whispered, "It's alright."

"Now, I already told you people -- first one's free, then -- what'd I say? I said I would shut that shit down! No exceptions." Negan snarled, enjoying himself. "It's time for a punishment." 

He lifted his bat and slammed it into Merle's head.

Hedley screamed, forced to watch. Merle's blood splattered Hedley's face as the bat was slammed down again. Daryl was held somewhere, head in the dirt, forced to listen to Negan dislodging his brother's skull and the cries of his son.

Hedley was thrashing in the Saviours hold on him, kicking his legs, screaming his lungs out.

Negan took a deep breath, stretching his back once he was finished.

"Shut that kid up!" He ordered.

One of the men holding Hedley forced a cloth into his mouth and soon his screams were muffled.

"Now." Negan clapped his hands, "Back to business. Now, I don't know what kind of lying assholes you've been dealing with but I'm a man of my word. First impressions are important. I need you to know me. And I'm beginning to really have some fun now. So... maybe just one more."