Chapter One Hundred + Five - Blurry Vision

((Notes: Blood and emotional :3 )) 

Hedley stabbed Alpha in the arm and she drew back. She hit him in the face which left him disoriented. She hit him again and again until Hedley reached to swing his knife again but it was too late.

Alpha drew her own knife and stabbed him in the stomach.

He gurgled, blood falling from his lips.

"You're as weak as my daughter." She sneered, voice in a horrid whisper.

Hedley dropped his knife as he slumped against the tree, the knife still sticking from him.

Alpha spat on the ground at his feet then saw the machete and walked over to it. She bent down and picked it up.

Hedley didn't feel any pain. The adrenaline and shock took over. His breaths turned to gasping as his vision became infected with black spots.

"I actually see the potential in you." Alpha said, "Those scars on your face... they must tell the most interesting story."

Hedley couldn't respond, his knees weakening but he still stood.

She continued as she went closer to where Hedley was. "You could've been so much better." She said, "So much more."

It was getting darker. The sun was setting.

"No one has ever won war by dying for their cause." She spoke softly, turning round so she could watch the sun as it set. "You win it by making the other person die for it. People love to fight. We did long before this world came to be. All admired it." Her horde was in the distance, moving around like flies. "The very thought of losing is very hateful to me. This fight is my fight. My life."

Hedley looked down at the knife in his stomach. It still being in him was the only thing keeping him alive.

"We fight a fire with fire. Use our danger as our weapons." She said, breathing in deeply.

Hedley had a chance to end this, finish this war... but the price was himself.

"And when this war ends with all your loved one's heads on spikes... I will laugh."

It's either him or everyone he loves.

It was an easy choice for him.

"Because my name will cry on while yours die on the lips of those you love."

He took the handle of the knife and began to pull.

"Look at my creation. My baby... it's going to be the best thing I've ever made."

She turned around to face him but as soon as she did, Hedley slashed her throat with the knife.

She gasped and dropped everything to claw at her throat. She fell, gurgling and choking on her own blood.

Hedley's stomach dampened with his own blood, knees now too weak to hold him. He slipped and was now sitting on the ground, his back resting on the tree. He held his stomach, putting pressure on it, making him wince.

He watched her die with a grin on his face and his vision turned blurry.

****

Carl, Daryl, Lydia, Magna and Yumiko tracked through the woods.

The sun was setting and they were losing light fast.

Daryl took out his flashlight to scan the path in front of him, looking for any tracks of his son's bare footprints.

Magna looked around, "There!" She pointed to some trees, "That's where we separated."

They rushed over and soon found the bodies of Beta and the three Whisperers.