107: I've Learned to Live Half a Life

♪───O(≧∇≦)O────♪

You: are stupid.

Poor Juice, you accidentally ratted him (and yourself) out.

"Is it really a big deal?" You ask once again, "It's just casual dating, it's just for fun."

Lisa looks at you absolutely scandalized, "It's just for FUN?!"

"....No. I lied. Actually, we have a future planned out already-"

"-YOU WHAT?!"

"Oh, my God. I'm joking!" You pinch the bridge of your nose.

Even after the fancy lunch, Lisa still won't drop the whole thing with Deuce. She's even worse than Tinkerbell when he first found out! But you thought it wouldn't be a big deal since the new law would allow you to see whoever you wanted.

Ishmahri knew about your relationship too, if his looks and body language were anything to go by. But everyone else was so shocked at the news that you had no option but to assume he kept that information to himself. You wonder why since you thought that he would've told them something like that.

It made you think, that despite him being a snitch in some aspects of your life, that he withheld information from the Royal Council when it came to other things.

It's been ten minutes arguing with Lisa in the council room. The other members were just sitting in their respective seats, not daring to interrupt Lisa when she's clearly in shambles.

The ones who accompanied you here in the first place were also just watching, half amused, and half tired because it has been ten fucking minutes since you guys were supposed to go home already, but Lisa still has more to say.

"Deuce is a really sweet guy, okay? So don't you dare get on his ass or whatever the royal version of the government does to poor boys who can't even find the diameter of a triangle."

"......" Lisa covers her mouth, "He can't do math?"

"Hey!" You point at her accusingly, "He can do math, okay? He's just–slow."

"That's just a nice way to say he can't do math," Ishmahri, unhelping, says.

"Shut. SHUT."

"My apologies, princess." Ishmahri hums, not sorry at all.

You cross your arms, glaring at Lisa, "No, seriously. Tell me why it's such a huge deal. The law was reformed a while ago, right? I can be with whoever the hell I want. So why are you acting like a church lady who just discovered the local youth listens to "Satanic music" when it's really just heavy metal?"

"...That's oddly specific," Leona chimes in.

"It pays to be prepared."

Even with the light hearted exchange with you and Leona just now, the Royal Council, Tinkerbell, and Crewel look uneasy from your question.

Seriously, what's the huge deal? You don't get it at all, but they look so nervous all of the sudden. Well, minus Ishmahri. He just looks bored, but you can't tell if it's because he could care less, or if it's a mask to hide his true feelings on the matter.

You start feeling uneasy, "Lisa?"

Looking at the others, the woman finally looks back at you and hardens her expression, "No... I-It's... You're right, Princess [Y/n]. I-I suppose it's just... We worry that having a significant other might distract you, is all. From school and your duties here. But... You're a smart young lady and... and you can handle yourself."