Meeting

**

"Heeeey guys! What took you so long?"

Bill, Georg, and Gustav get up and head over to us.

"Hey. Sorry I made you guys wait, got stuck up in school longer."

I give them an apologetic look.

"Don't sweat it. We're not the police. What matters is that you came!"

Bill hits me on the back, making me flinch in pain. Ow. Those guys greetings and stuff is painful. Tom hits Bill on the head.

"Bill damn. You know you hit hard."

He chuckles and Bill scratches
his head.

"Oh. Sorry. Guess that's something I gotta get used to. Bill and Georg are a bit tougher."

My eyes widen. Fuck. A guy is not
supposed to get hurt by something like that!

"No no. It's fine. Just didn't expect it, that's all."

I laugh a little and the guys join me.
Then Tom clears his throat.

"Alright then. Let the meeting begin."

He sits down on the big picnic blanket and pats the place next to him. I hesitantly kneel down to my knees. After I see how the others are weirdly sitting, I try to adjust my probably too girly seat and have my legs crossed. Bill hands out some music sheets. Crap... I can't read notes... I only play by hearing and copying. I never learned to read notes... Panic starts building up inside me as Tom smiles at me.

"This is the arrangement I came up
with for our new song."

I nod with a forced smile and look at the paper again.

"I gave each of you your part of it. See if it's alright for you."

Bill, Gustav and Georg nod and look at the paper. Nodding their head and
tapping the beat of it with their fingers.

Fuck... this is bad...

I try to at least somewhat understand these symbols but can't make a sense out of them. Maybe Alia can help me. I get up and look at Tom.

"Sorry I uhm... have to... you know... is there a Café near or something?"

Gustav laughs, holding his stomach.

"If you're looking for a toilet, grab a tree."

Tom said, as I blush at his words and nod. Turning around and heading away. Okay this should be far enough. I pull out my phone from my jeans pocket and call Alia. She picks up almost immediately.

***

Alia: Heyo, Mr. Handsome. Whats up?

Angie: Alia! They expect me to read notes! You know I can't read notes! What should I do?!

***

I feel tears welling up inside my eyes.

***

Alia: Alright, Angie. First, calm down.

***

Alia's calm voice does wonders for my building up panic right now.

***

Alia: Okay. So. You're not the only one that can't read notes and wants to do music. Just tell them. We will learn them. I will ask our music teacher to help, okay?