Let's get this over with

**

I can't believe what I see in the mirror. Here I am, Angie. Dressed
in baggy jeans, a simple yet cool looking oversized t-shirt and a jeans jacket on top together with a short dark brown haired wig and some concealer to cover up my slightly flushed cheeks.

"Aaand? I don't see a shy girl anywhere. You see one, pretty boy?"

Alia nudges my shoulder with hers
playfully. I'm at a loss for words. If I didn't know, I'm looking at myself right now, I would be tricked by it.
I don't recognize myself at all. Alia grins at me.

"Pretty good, huh? Ready to take on the mission?"

I nod my head.

"Yeah... let's do this."

Getting self confidence from my new look, I'm not afraid anymore. I can do this..!

Alia's grin forms into a frown.

"Yeeeaahh... just tallk a bit more
like, ya know? A man?"

She starts laughing and I feel my cheeks heating up.

"And get that under control. Cool
boys don't blush."

She pats me on the shoulder. I focus on getting the hang of my new self. I take a deep breath and loosen my shoulders. I put my hands in my baggy jeans pocket and look at Alia.

"Hey. I'm Sam. What's up?"

Alia grins and jumps up and down.

"Yes! That's it! You're so cool! If you wouldn't be my bestie, I would totally date you!"

We start laughing together. I hug her.

"Thanks Alia. You're the best best friend a girl can wish for."

"Anything for you, sis."

She pulls away and looks at the clock.

"C'mon. Gotta go. Otherwise we'll be too late."

She drags me out of my room and
to the house door.

"We're going out, Mom!"

I make sure to let my mom know while being literally pushed out of
the house.

"Okay! Have fun, girls! Be back for
dinner!"

I shout an "Okay'" to her before Alia
closes the door and we walk to our
school. It's not far and I can get the
hang of everything a little more like this. We reach the school way too early. Alia grabs my shoulder and looks me in the eyes.

"Ready, Angie?"

I give her a cocky smile and take her arms down with my own.

"Who's this Angie you're talking 'bout?"

She grins at me and gives me a thumbs up. I grin back and head inside. Inside, I take a deep breath. Okay. I can do this. I can do this. I'm cool. One of my teachers sits on a table next to the big Aula. Around the
hall are tons of girls and some really handsome guys. I head over to my teacher.

"Hello, young man. You're here for
the auditions?"

I nod and he gives me a piece of paper with a number on it.

"Here. Once your number is being called in from the boys, it's your time to shine."

He gives me a gentle smile and I smile back.

"Thanks Mr."

I bow my head towards him and head to a corner to sit down.

"Sigh. Wonder how long I have to wait..."

"Don't worry. Most of us are just waiting for them to be done to get another glimpse at them. It's gonna be your turn soon."

I'm startled by the unexpected voice next to me and look up. A girl from my class is smiling at me. Fuck. Hope she doesn't recognize me.

"I see."

I hesitate a second before answering her but try to overplay it with a smile.
She extends her hand towards me.

"I'm Kristine. I go to school here."

I take her hand and shake it.

"Sam."

She smiles brightly at me.

"Wow such a cool name. I'm envious. Say, from where are you? You're a fan of Tokio Hotel?"

I scratch my head shyly and look away from her.

"Uhm... well..."

She eagerly waits for my response, her eyes never leaving mine.

"Im from a neighbour town. Heard them in a small store and liked them."

I flash her a warm smile.

"And then I heard they're looking for a new member so here I am, trying my luck."

I grip my fists in front of me with determination, which makes her giggle.

"Wh...what?"

Afraid, I made a mistake and didn't act like Sam but Angie. My voice went normal for a second. I pretend to cough to make it look like my voice was just hoarse for a second there, hoping Kristine would buy it. She stops laughing and looks at me.

"Hihi. It's nothing. I could just see such passion and love in your eyes
when you talked about them that I could have sworn you're one of these girls here that just are just around cuz the boys are hot."

She starts laughing again, holding her stomach. Well fuck. She's kinda right. I do love Tom. But that's not what I'm
here for. I want to fulfill my dreams like they did. Encouraged, I speak up
confidently.

"Yeah they're hot of course. Can even make someone like me swoon over them."

I wave my hand at my face for acting purposes and start laughing too.

"But.."

I look her in the eyes with a sincere smile.

"Im here, hoping I can fulfill my dreams together with these amazing boys."

A slight blush covers her cheeks and she smiles at me, taking my hands in hers.

"You know, I have a really good feeling about you. You can do it! You will get your wish granted, Sam!"

Taken aback by her sudden move, I look at her surprised for a second before my eyes soften and I smile
at her.

"Thanks Kristine. I hope you can fulfill
your dreams too."

We smile at each other and then the door to the Aula opens.

"Number 12 please!"

Kristine and I look at Tom and then
around the hall. Then she looks at
me with a grin.

"That's you, silly! Off with you!"

She pulls me up, spins me to the direction of the Aula and gives my back a push, making me stumble forward.

"Good luck!"

She gives me a thumbs up and a genuine smile. I smile back at her and nod, then turn to Tom, who smiles at me and gestures inside. I take a deep breath and walk towards him. Time to shine.

**