Welcome

**

Once I'm inside, I see Gustav and Tom sitting on a large table. Bill sitting on the couch with Georg. Tom closes the door behind me and takes a seat between them.

"Alright. Tell us a bit about you."

Tom smiles at me and I feel heat coming up to my cheeks. Fuck Angie! Pull yourself together! You're cool just like them! I fight the urge to just turn around and run and take a deep breath, one of my hands I slide into my pocket a little to stop myself from fidgeting with them.

"I'm Sam. You guys are what I wish to be. I wish to be part of you and touch people's hearts with music."

The boys look at each other and nod. Then they look back towards me, smiling. Gustav then speaks up.

"Alright. So Sam. How did you heard of us? You're not going to our school. You're friends with someone?"

I panic inside. What should I say to that? I remember my conversation with Kristine and calm down again.

"I heard your music in a little shop in the neighbourhood and looked into it. Since then I'm also a fan."

I give them a genuine smile just like I gave Kristine. Tom eyed me weirdly... He looks.. suspicious?

"Wow! That's so cool!!"

I break eye contact with Tom when Bill shouts. When I look back at Tom, he looks towards his paper. Guess it was just my imagination. Then he looks up to me again, a challenging look in his eyes.

"Alright, Sam. How do you think you can improve our band?"

I start fidgeting with my nails and look to the ground, intimidated by his stare but I quickly caught myself again. No! Pull yourself together!! Alia
went through so much trouble just
for you! I look up, meeting his challenging eyes and give him a smirk. I nod my head toward his electric guitar, that was branded Gibson leaning at the wall.

"May I?"

He gestures to me his okay and I walk towards it. Alright. Time to do this for real. I take a deep breath and start playing one of their songs. But instead of just dully following what they already have with Tom, I play a 2nd voice, giving it more depth with a slightly different arrangement. After I'm done, I hesitantly look up to them and see them stare at me in disbelief. Er... is that now good or.. I put his guitar back against the wall and lower my head.

"Sorry..."

I turn around and head towards the door.

"Wait!"

Tom shouts after me and I turn around.

"What the fuck!! Don't apologize! That was amazing!"

My eyes widen at this compliment and my cheeks flush.

"Oh..really?"

I scratch my head shyly.

"Yeah! Totally!"

"That's exactly what we were looking for!"

Bill, Gustav, and Georg join Tom in
showering me with compliments. I look to the ground, so they can't see my red face. Alia covered it up with quite some makeup but I can't risk getting my cover blown now. I see feet in front of me and look up. Tom stands before me and I take a step back. He extends his hand towards me.

"Welcome in the band, Sam."

I smile brightly and fight the urge to jump up and down like I am in my mind right now.

"Oh my god! Thank you!"

He looks at me bewildered. Oh crap my voice was normal! Fuck! I cough a little and grab his hand to shake it.