𝐏.𝐅.𝐊-𝟏𝟏

𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟏 𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟗

•••

Vanity had been thinking about how this night would go all week, and now that it was finally here she was very nervous.

Along side the fact that every-time she looked at Paris, her night with Salem crept into her mind.

Seated at the long dinner table was: her parents Vera and Lance, her sister Valerie.

And of course, Paris.

Her parents didn't not like him, but they didn't necessarily love him either they just accepted him.

As usual, Valerie was bragging to the family about how good her life was going and at this point her voice sounded like nails on a chalkboard to Vanity.

Paris could sense that she was getting irritated with her sister, so he grabbed ahold of her hand pressing his lips against the back of it.

Deciding it was time to come clean, Vanity cleared her throat rather loudly which caused her sister's talking to come to a halt.

"I would actually like to share something, if that's okay with you" Vanity said with the last part coming out sarcastically.

Rolling her eyes, Valerie shrugged her shoulders giving Vanity the space to talk.

"So, first off I want to come clean about me being an intern at a hospital that's never been the case, I was actually working at a hair salon for the past two years until I recently got fired"

Taking a deep, Vanity looked in front of her at the looks of confusion on her parents face and the semi shocked look on her sister's face.

"You've been lying to us? Why" Vera her mother said.

"Because, I wanted you guys to be proud of me, but I knew that going into the medical field or being some kind lawyer wasn't something that I wanted to do"

Finally getting that off her chest made Vanity feel like a weight has been lifted off her shoulders.

"And you thought lying to us was going to make us happy?" Her father said chiming in.

"I didn't know what else to do, and that's not even the worst part" Vanity said blowing out a breath of anticipation.

"There's more? What are you trying to do kill them!" Valerie said sarcastically as she enjoyed what was happening in front of her.

"What possibly could be worse than this?!"  Her mother said being dramatic as always.

As Vanity took a moment to figure out how she wanted to break the news to them, all eyes were on her.

"Vanity...what is it?" Her mother said through gritted teeth.

"I'm an exotic dancer at a club now"

The tension in the room was now so thick, it could be cut with a knife.

"And what do you have to say about this?" Her father said talking to Paris.

"I don't agree with it sir, but she's grown and makes her own decisions"

This was the most Paris had said since he'd been here, other than greeting her family.

"Nonsense, you're the man in the house you have to learn to put your foot down!" Her father said so upset that he decided to just head to bed earlier than he had planned.

"Vanity, I'm so disappointed in you a stripper? Really! Where did I go wrong with you"

By now Vanity was in full blown tears, she knew they wouldn't be happy but now that its happening she was distraught.

"Until your ready to get a real job and stop lying to us don't bother trying to interact with us"

That was the last thing her mother said to her before heading upstairs as well.

"That was real bold of you. A stripper, really Vanity?." Valerie chuckled at the end of her sentence before getting up from the table.

•••
𝐇𝐞𝐲 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐬!
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐰 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐥𝐥 𝐣𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐲 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐝!♡︎