𝐏.𝐅.𝐊-𝟕

𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟏 𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟔

Deciding it was time to finally wake up, Vanity rolled over to check her phone seeing how late in the day it was

The house was surprisingly quiet which only meant one thing.

Paris was gone. Usually all you could hear was him yelling and cursing at their tv because he kept losing at whatever game he was playing.

With the house to herself, Vanity decided to do a little self care all those splits and tricks she did last night had her entire body sore.

Speaking of last night, Vanity made over two thousand dollars and only danced to-two songs that was enough to pay her tuition, car insurance and the rest she put away in her savings.

She wasn't sure about her new job at first, but now she was starting to love it.

She just wasn't sure how she was going to break the news to her family.

Her parents always wanted her and her older sister Valerie to be a lawyer or doctor in their words "those are the only real jobs left in the world"

Valerie was the one to grant their wishes and become a Labor and delivery nurse at the best hospital in Houston.

Vanity lied and told them she was an intern at a hospital when in reality she'd been working at a hair salon for the past two years.

Surprisingly they never questioned her about it, and she thanked God for that.

This Sunday they were having their traditional Sunday dinner as they did every Sunday.

That's when she would break the news to them, she could already imagine their reaction.

•••

After doing a little self care, Vanity felt so much better.

She'd sat in a steaming hot bath for about an hour which soothed her aching muscles, showered and did her morning routine even though it was the evening time, she did a little laundry and cooked herself a nice meal.

Even though it wasn't that much, Vanity needed that little reset.

Now she was cuddle up on her couch watching Tyler Perry's House of Payne.

"Nobody played a better crackhead than Janine" She said chuckling at her statement.

Hearing her doorbell ring twice, she got from her spot on the soft gray couch and went to answer the door.

Checking the peephole she seen one of India's eyeballs in the small hole, chuckling she opened the door letting her inside.

"Well hello Ms. Remedy" India said smirking at Vanity.

"Don't start" Vanity said sitting back on the couch with her friend following behind her.

"I'm just saying, I knew you could do it but damn!" India said putting emphasis on her last word.

Flipping her natural tresses cockily off of her shoulder, Vanity grinned.

"Tonight's gonna be a little different, since I won't be there" India said making Vanity scrunch her face up.

Vanity was the type of person that if her friend wasn't there, she wasn't either but she couldn't do that in this situation since it was work.

"Don't look at me like that, I'm going to spend time with my sister, she's in town on a business trip" India said talking with her hands which was a bad habit of hers.

"Speaking of sisters, I'm gonna tell my family about my new job this Sunday" Vanity saying this made India do the "yikes"  expression.

"First, you tell them you weren't really a intern at a hospital and now you telling them you a stripper? They gone have a damn heart attack!"

Looking the other direction, Vanity scratched her neck.

Judging by her friend's quietness, India knew something was up.

"Vanity?!"

"Hmm?" Vanity said looking over at her friend's puzzled facial expression.

"You did tell them that, right?"

"I was going t-"

"Vanity!" If India eyes could get any bigger she'd look like the artist Lil Durk.

"I know, indie I'm just not ready for their judgmental comments towards me, they already resent me for staying with Paris"

"Now that, I can understand and agree with them on" India said talking with her hands again.

"I don't wanna talk about that right now" Vanity said looking over at her friend.

Holding her arms up as if she was surrendering, India started up another conversation.

•••

𝐎𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐜 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐮𝐤𝐢?

𝐀𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐨𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫😖