chapter 27: at last

"i don't want to get up", jimin whimpers as the first rays of sunlight tickle his face, making him wake up from his slumber.
taehyung laughs softly and looks at him, not having slept at all.

"unfortunately you have to", he answers the prince and steps over to the big bed. he hesitates for a second, but then decides this is the only right thing to do and pulls away the blanket that covers jimin.

"hey!!!", the older man yells as he tries to keep a hold of the fabric, but without a chance. taehyung is just so much faster and stronger than him, he really can't compete against his inhumane powers.

taehyung just laughs again, harder this time, as he thinks about the last few weeks.

ever since 'the incident' a lot has changed. for starters, taehyung became jimin's personal guard again. second of all, they slowly but surely became closer again. not that jimin ever stopped loving him, but taehyung was very unsure about their relationship after everything he had done.

it's not like they just had a fight. it was way more than just that. the black haired male had killed again, had hurt jimin and on top of that made him cry.

the fact that jimin can still look at him and trust him, is a miracle in itself, taehyung is convinced of that.

there is always the lingering fear of what will happen when the darkness inside of him will take control of him again, but so far taehyung has been fully in control of himself, his thoughts and his body again.

nothing bad has happened yet and slowly but surely he lets himself be close to jimin again.
finally he lets himself hold the prince in his arms again, lets himself kiss the others forehead, his cheeks and on very rare occasions his lips.

he's so thankful jimin understands why he's being hesitant and doesn't pressure him to do anything he doesn't want to do. though sometimes when taehyung has doubts again, doubts his ability to stay in control, all jimin can do is shake his head in annoyance. you won't hurt me again, he will say softly. it wasn't you who did this to me, it was the darkness and you locked it away.

taehyung still has troubles believing it but it's getting better. slowly, but it's getting better.

today is one of the good days, he thinks to himself as he sees the offended looking jimin on his bed, as he makes sure the other man can't get to his bed sheets and has to finally get up.

"i'm sorry to disrupt your beauty sleep my dearest prince, but today's schedule is completely full and i need to make sure you'll arrive in time."

jimin groans and looks up at him with puppy dog eyes, "what do i have to do for you to cancel all my appointments?"

taehyung just looks at him with serious eyes, before he cracks a smile.

"nothing. your father wants to see you first thing in the morning, he said it's important", he answers sternly and reaches for jimin's hand, pulling him out of his bed.

at first he protests but after a second of fighting against taehyung he gives up and finally does get up.

"why does he want to talk to me?" jimin asks as he sits up on his bed. he then walks over to his closet and taehyung watches him pick out his clothes for the day. at this point he should be used to it but the clothes jimin pulls out to wear are probably worth more than everything he owns.

"i don't know, why don't you find out?" taehyung suggests and walks up behind the prince, hugging him closely against his chest. his hands travel underneath jimin's sleep shirt and he lets his fingertips run over the soft skin of his stomach.

"if you keep this up, i won't go talk to him", jimin threatens jokingly and laughs a little, trying to hide the fact he got goosebumps but taehyung can feel it anyways.

"i'm sorry minnie, i won't distract you any further", he mumbles in his ear and lets go of the other man, but not before kissing his cheek.

jimin sighs and taehyung goes to stand by the door until the smaller man is fully dressed.

"let's go, how bad can it be?", the guard asks and reaches for jimin's hand.

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

once they arrive at the kings office, taehyung can feel jimin shaking besides him.

"it's just your father", he tries to calm him down, but he also knows how ruthless the king can be, how cruel of a person he sometimes is. he experienced it on his own body after all.

the smaller male nods next to him and knocks.

they both wait in silence until they hear a soft yes, coming from behind the doors and then they enter.

"jimin", his father speaks, as soon as he sees them, "and taehyung too, good."

they both look up and taehyung gets down on his knee, bowing in front of him. "your highness", he greets the king and then shuts his mouth, not wanting to be disrespectful after everything he's done.

"i've been thinking", the king continues and looks the both of them up and down, "about what my son has told me about you, taehyung. you aren't a bad person, even after everything you've done. even though your blood is black, you have proven yourself. and i want to apologize for what i did to you."

taehyung looks up at jimin in confusion and all the other man can do is shrug at him, also unsure of what this is about.

the guard looks at the king and shakes his head no, "it's fine, all is forgiven."

the king nods and then looks at his son.

"jimin, i know i've been unfair towards you. i didn't listen to you when all you did was try and tell me the truth. i'm sorry i have been a bad father."

the prince shakes his head, clearly as confused as taehyung about what is going on.

"it's fine, father-", he tries to speak but the king interrupts him.

"and i have been thinking about the two of you. he clearly makes you happy, doesn't he?", he asks and points his finger at the taller male.

jimin nods, looking down.

the king sighs and then continues, "then who am i to stop you from being happy?"

jimin's eyes widen at his fathers words and he reaches for taehyung who's still kneeling on the floor. he grabs the prince's hand and gets up, looking absolutely flabbergasted at the kings words.

"you mean it father?"

"yes, and now go. be happy somewhere else, i have work to do", he says half jokingly.

they both rush out of the study, but as soon as the door closes behind them, taehyung suddenly has his arms full of a very happy looking prince.

"did you hear that, tae? he said that we can-", but taehyung doesn't let him finish before he presses his lips against jimin's.

they only break the kiss to breathe and the prince looks at him with wide eyes.

"i love you, tae."

"i love you more, minnie."

________________________________

AN: there you have it. after dark is finally done! thank you to everyone who's read this story and commented and voted <3 it means the world to me <3333 thank you so so so much