chapter 26: finally

AN: this chapter is shitty and it makes me want to cringe so i hope yall dont mind lol.

__________________________________

the first thing taehyung notices are some soft sobbing noises, coming from the room he just left. he hears some muffled words as well, but can't quite make them out through the heavy wooden door.

the second thing he notices is the feeling of sickness, making its way through his entire body. he feels absolutely disgusting and thinks he's about to throw up.

he ignores the urge and turns around, facing the door and presses his ear against the wood. yes, he was right about the sobbing. jimin really is crying in there.

taehyung's body suddenly seizes up and he freezes. is jimin crying because of him? no, nonononono this can't be. the darkness inside of him keeps pulling at him, wants to pull him back into the safe space of not feeling but the side of him that loves jimin seems to be stronger for once.

stop caring, his inner demons whisper, stop being a whiney bitch and ignore him, like you did before. all you did was getting what you deserve and nothing less. you deserved that, you deserved to make yourself feel good. it's only natural that the human body wants to feel good.

the man wants to give in, but something inside of him is pulling him towards the door, is urging him to open it and comfort the crying prince.

so he does. he reaches for the door handle and fights his darkness with all his might, pushing it back down where he kept it hidden for years, hiding it away where it belongs. then he opens the door.

the sight that greets him is none that he likes seeing. jimin is curled up on himself, laying on his bed. his shoulders shake every now and then accompanied by soul crushing sobs. taehyung feels like a monster. scratch that. taehyung is a monster for making him feel that way. for making him cry like that and leaving him after using his body for his pleasure.

"hey jimin-" he tries, but his voice gives out, so he decides to just step a little closer. the other man didn't seem to have noticed the guard speak up but just continues crying, sobbing like there is no tomorrow.

taehyung's heart breaks a little at the sight and he steps even closer, until he's at the bed. he reaches out to touch jimin's shoulder and the young man flinches. even though that makes taehyung feel even worse, it finally makes jimin show a reaction.

with red eyes and a snotty nose, the prince looks up at him and whimpers. no words are leaving his mouth so taehyung tries again. "jimin i- i'm sorry i-", he can't seem to form a sentence though so he just shuts up, not wanting to make this even worse for both of them.

not sure what to do next, he kneels down on the floor next to the bed, his head looking down at the ground. finally he seems to be able to speak again. he reaches out to take jimin's hand in his bigger one, to tell him he's here and he's sorry, to tell him he will never ever do this again. to tell him everything he can't find words for at this moment.

"jimin, are you okay? i'm sorry for what i did, i had no right to do that to you."

he hears no answer so he looks up and finds the other man shaking his head no. it's not much, but it's a start, taehyung thinks and looks down again.

"you don't have to defend me, minnie", the nickname falling from his lips as if nothing ever happened between them, as if everything was just the way it was before taehyung was being sent to prison. "you don't have to make me the innocent one here. i obviously hurt you, or else you wouldn't be crying right now."

finally he finds the courage to search for the prince's eyes, locking their glances and he feels himself sigh softly. "i'm sorry, but sorry is not going to be enough to fix it. nothing will ever fix it."

jimin finally seems to have calmed down a little and he shakes his head again.

"tae, look it's okay. i p-promise it's fine... i'm fine."

this time it's taehyung's turn to shake his head. "stop saying that, this was everything but okay. everything i did recently was not... okay." he sighs again and feels the guilt heavy on his shoulders.

he hurt jimin, he broke his trust and even worse, he treated him like a piece of shit, not just today but the days before that as well.

the prince then sits up properly and reaches for taehyung. the man feels his soft hand stroking over his arm.

"taehyung, please. i'm okay... and everything else will be fine as well. i just- what happened to you? why do you suddenly... care?" he asks carefully and taehyung spits out a laugh. it doesn't sound happy, but rather hurt.

"i don't know, minnie... but do you remember the darkness? what i told you about it? when my blood turns black it will consume me fully? i think that's what happened, i think my blood is entirely black now."

the prince just stares at him and taehyung has to look away, feeling like the innocent eyes of his are too much for him to handle right now.

"i'm so ashamed, jimin. you have no idea. i never wanted to let this happen, but i did. and now i am a monster", he whispers and closes his eyes, running a hand through his hair.

"you're not a monster tae. you're you again. you're the person i met and you're nothing but a person who deserves to be loved."

"look at me", the guard sighs, "i should be comforting you, yet you are the one who has to comfort me."

he whimpers as he feels jimin's tiny hand cup his cheek.

"i'm not mad at you, tae. i love you."

_________________________________

AN: cant format again, will do it later guys ♡
im also too tired to proof read so if u see any mistakes pls tell me