chapter 19: execution

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

during lunchtime, jimin is convinced to set his plan in motion.
sitting next to his father and jeongguk he suddenly exclaims, "isn't today a beautiful day to take a walk? the sun is shining and all the flowers are blossoming."
his father shakes his head in disbelief.
"you have history and politics lessons today in the afternoon, young man," the king sounds not amused by his son's idea, "there is no time to do such things as take a walk."

jimin sighs and turns to jeongguk, pleading him with his eyes to help.
the knight sighs and decides to speak up.

"your highness, i think your son needs a break for a while, he was barely able to concentrate during his sparring lesson today, so i doubt the rest of his lessons will be useful today," the young man tries to find a good enough excuse for the prince to skip the rest of the day so they can make their stupid little idea become true.

the king sits in silence for a moment, not even continuing his lunch and then sighs deeply.

"just this once, and never again."

excitememt and adrenaline run through jimin's body at the news, as he can finally start mission saving taehyung from death.
he looks over at jeongguk, who seems equally excited but at the same time a little scared. jimin isn't quite sure why the other one would be scared, as though there are no consequences for him right now, but he decides to ignore the other's fear for now.

"thank you so much, father!", he exclaims happily.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺

after they have finished their lunch, jimin almost jumps up from his chair and reaches for jeongguk's hand, pulling the other man with him. his father shoots him a glance but the prince couldn't care less as he pulls the younger man with him.

"i haven't been to the garden in ages, i really missed it. are you as happy as i am, jeongguk?", he brabbles some nonsense, all while smiling as if he just won the lottery.

"yes, your highness, i am very excited", jeongguk says and rolls his eyes behind the prince's back.

jimin quickly walks the pair to the royal garden. as they arrive he stills for a moment, breathing in the fresh air and then he smiles a genuine smile. "it's true, i haven't been here in a long time, or at least not without any duties."
jeongguk looks around, noticing the array of different flowers, herbs and trees and then turns to look at the prince.
"i have never been out here, but i have to say, now i understand why you like it so much."

jimin beams at him and then runs off to the field of hydrangeas he particularly likes. once he arrives he immediately kneels down to smell them and then turns around to the knight.

"now you have to leave me alone. do you think you can handle that?", jimin jokingly asks and jeongguk looks at him very seriously.

"my prince, it's easier said than done. your life is in my hands and if you accidentally get hurt or kidnapped ,or even worse get killed while i'm gone, not only will taehyung die but me aswell."

jimin's glance turns dark, as he becomes serious as well.
"i know my life is in your hands, but i'll be careful. when i was a child i found a spot, nobody ever knew of. this is where i will hide. once the sun sets i'll be back, i promise."

the knight sighs and then nods his head yes.
"then let's at least go for a walk, before i'll be punished."

jimin smiles at that and agrees.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺

a few hours have passed and jimin is hiding where he said he'll wait. it is a little clearing in the middle of the woods behind the royal garden.

he notices the way the sun slowly begins to set and he already prepares the fake tears he'll have to show to his father later.

he doesn't mean to put jeongguk in a situation like this, but for his dear taehyung he's willing to risk it all.

what if my blood turns dark?, he thinks to himself but then scratches that thought again. no, all i'm doing here is help taehyung. this is nothing bad, this isn't against the law. all i'm doing is save my loved one. he nods, as if there is someone around to watch him and smiles a little at the thought of being able to see taehyung once again.

once the sun is fully gone he makes his way back to the royal garden, trying to look as lost and disheveled as possible, making his hair a mess and ripping the fabric of one leg of his pants.

the closer he gets to the garden, the clearer he can hear distraught voices, calling for him, screaming his name at full volume and as he finally reaches the garden, he makes his tears spill from his eyes, wanting to be as convincing as possible.

as soon as he steps back onto the terrain of the palace one of the knights immediately spots him. "prince jimin, are you okay? what happened? we were worried sick, your father-", the knight tries to talk to the young prince but at the mention of his father jimin full on bursts into fake tears and throws himself at the knight and hugs him closely.

"i was- was so scared! i thought i'd- i'd die", he sobs against the man's chest, who seems completely at a loss for words and not quite sure what to do. finally he decides to carefully pat the prince's shoulder and then shouts for everyone to hear, "i found him! i found the prince!"

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

____________________________________

AN: GUYS I REACHED 1K READS I COULDNT BE HAPPIER REALLY !!!! IT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME <3 thank you for everyone who decided to click on this story and give it a read <3