chapter 6: changing tides

AN: once again, mentions of blood, stay safe <3

__________________________________

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

out of the corner of his eye jimin notices taehyung jumping to his feet, his hand reaching for his hip, but he can't tell what's going on.

focus on your training, he thinks to himself but when he forces himself to pay attention to the knight in front of him again, he suddenly feels the tip of the training sword pressed against his chest. he sighs and mentally prepares himself for the onslaught of criticism his mentor shoots in his direction.

"your highness, i know you are the prince but fighting is important. what is distracting you so much, you forget your life's worth?", his training partner asks him before the teacher can step in.

jimin just shakes his head and looks down to his feet. "i apologize...", he mumbles at the floor and points over to the stables, "i thought i saw something." he knows he's right and he knows he saw taehyung move, when he suddenly hears a shriek from the general direction he was pointing at.

"prince jimin, please stay here-!", the knight begins but the young man already dropped his sword, making his way over from where he heard the noise.

when he arrives he finds taehyung, kneeling over the person, his knee pressed into their back to prevent them from getting up again.
"to kill the prince-" is the last thing jimin hears, before taehyung slits the persons throat and the prince's vision begings to fade. dark red blood spills everywhere and dirties taehyungs clothes and hands - who now noticed jimin standing behind him.

"i'm sorry- i didn't mean for you to see-" taehyung can't find any words and jimin finally passes out.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺

when he comes back to his senses jimin is draped over taehyungs lap, the dagger next to him on the floor, hands still a little dirty, but the blood mostly dry at this point.
"your highness, i'm so sorry. i didn't know you were watching-", he once again begins to apologize but jimin just shakes his head, dismissing him.
"don't worry, you couldn't have known i was behind you. besides, you saved my life, so i'm rather grateful you... got rid of that person...." the prince mumbles, still feeling a little out of it, after passing out so suddenly, everything being just a little blurry.
the guard nods and then gifts the young man the smallest hint of a smile.
"i hope you're okay, your highness. this must have been a lot. how about i lead you to your chambers, so you can calm down properly."
taehyung extends his hand and waits for a response from jimin, who grabs it and also smiles - just a little.
"yes, that sounds like a good idee", he decides to trust him, he saved his life after all.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺

when they reach his chamber jimin can't help but watch the other man guarding the door, his glance glued to the window, to not disturb the prince.
and maybe his thoughts wander a little, maybe he thinks about the curve of taehyungs lips when he smiled at him. maybe he thinks about the way his hand fit almost twice around his and maybe he thinks about taehyungs deep voice, full of worry for the prince.

maybe he's not as scary as jimin thought he was.

we'll see, he thinks to himself and finally falls a sleep, a the hint of a smile on his face, he might just be a normal man like everyone else.

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

______________________________

AN: shortest chapter so far, but i wanted to get them to interact, you know? i apologize but still hope you enjoyed it <3