chapter 10: getting closer

AN: THANK YOU FOR OVER 400 READS <3

____________________________

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

"and that's why it's important to keep the business with the other kingdom friendly, we don't want to get on their bad side and accidentally start a war."

jimin sighs as he doodles something on the papers in front of him, as always finding the politics lesson boring.
never in his life, he thinks to himself, am i going to become king anyways. he yawns and then looks over to taehyung who's been standing next to the door for the entirety of his lessons today.

jimin sighs again and the teacher stops his lecture. "what seems to be the matter here, your highness?"

"it's just... i find this to be incredibly uninteresting."

the teacher laughs at that and sits down on the table in front of jimin.

"young prince, i understand you dislike learning about business relations with other kingdoms, but please keep in mind this will be your job in the future. so it's best for you to learn about it as early as possible."

defeatedly the prince nods and the teacher continues, not aware of the fact that jimin's mind is occupied with something entirely different.

his thoughts drift back to his guard, back to the way he smiles his boxy smiles at him, whenever they talk about something amusing. he thinks about those lips for a good amount of time and how badly he wants to kiss taehyung when he notices the teacher entirely gave up on the prince and dismisses him.

jimin jumps up from his chair and walks over to taehyung, stupidly perfect kim taehyung who managed to become the most important person alive in the prince's eyes. he still regrets the way he treated him before, but whenever he brings it up, the other male just dismisses him with a wave of his hand. "stop worrying, i've long forgiven you."

"hey", he says quietly when he stands in front of the taller one.

"hey", taehyung says back, just as quietly.

jimin has to giggle and reaches for taehyung's hand, not being able to resist the urge to hold it, as they walk back to jimin's chambers.

"what am i supposed to tell your father about todays lesson?", taehyung shakes his head and laughs.

"today i learned to always be kind and not to start a war," jimin tries to be serious for a moment but breaks into a fit of laughter after a few seconds.

"i'm sorry, i really didn't manage to concentrate today", he answers truthfully.

all i could think about was you and how badly i want you, he adds in his thoughts.

taehyung rubs his thumb over the back of jimin's hand, trying to comfort him. "don't worry, it'll be fine."

jimin nods and smiles. "you're amazing tae tae."

"thanks, i've been told."

he hates how jealousy pangs through him like a gunshot and he tries to not be as affected by the other's statement, sure he's only joking.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺

"tae tae...", the prince calls out for his guard.

"what's wrong minnie?", taehyung asks, his tone worried. jimin finds it endearing, honestly, the way he cares for him and immediately thinks something is wrong, when he calls for him.

"nothing, i just can't fall asleep. sleep with me again, okay?", the prince requests and taehyung sighs in defeat, sitting down on the prince's bed. the last few weeks have been without any incidents and taehyung is scared that something bad will happen if he lets his guard down for just one second.

jimin notices how tense the other man seems to be and shushes his thoughts by reaching for his hand, making puppy eyes at taehhung.

"don't look at me like that, my dear."

"but i want you to sleep here with me, otherwise i'll tell my father you're disobeying me."

taehyung probably knows jimin doesn't mean it like that but just to make sure jimin smiles a soft and tired smile at him.

"please? tae tae, please i need you."

and that's when he knows he's got him. no one can resist the combination of puppy eyes and the pleading tone of voice jimin puts on to get what he wants.

the guard drops his hands as a sign of resignation and lays down next to the prince, reaching out to hold him close, knowing that's how he (both of them) prefer to sleep.

"this is the last time, okay? i don't want to get in trouble, if anyone catches me sleeping in the same bed as you, minnie", he whispers and jimin just nods in agreement, knowing full well that taehyung has said that before.

"thank you, tae."

"you're welcome, my dear."

after jimin has found a very comfortable position, his legs curled around taehyungs and his face pressed against the other's chest, he can feel himself slowly but surely drifting to sleep.

"i love you."

~°☆☆☆°~

"i love you."

taehyung isn't sure if he heard right but he prays to god that it was just his imagination, just his mind playing tricks on him, because if he heard right and the prince means what he said, taehyung is in big big trouble.

jimin's blood needs to stay white, needs to stay pure, the same way the boy himself needs to stay as pure and innocent as he is. this however can't happen if he loves the other male, as loving someone of the same gender is already considered a sin in this part of the kingdom.

stop panicking, he thinks to himself.
no matter how badly you want it to be true, you know that it can and will never happen.

he sighs softly and then looks down at jimin. jimin, the prince, royalty, the kings son. he shudders as he reminds himself of his own position as a mere guard.

yeah no, this won't happen.

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

______________________________

AN: WHOOHOO SLEEPY CONFESSIONS!!!! jk now the angst begins lmao
i have around 12 more chapters planned, so stay tuned and sorry for the irregular uploads </3