chapter 14: treason

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

taehyung comes back to his senses and shakes his head. he looks up at jimin apologetically after what he just did, letting the darkness inside of him take full control of his body and mind.

but it tasted so good, do it again, his mind still tries to betray him but he dismisses the thought. this is jimin, the prince park jimin he is supposed to take care of and not some random person he can play around with as he pleases.

"are you okay?", taehyung then decides to ask, because it surely doesn't happen every day that someone drinks entire sips of his blood. he watches the prince who seems to come back from a trance-like condition.

"yes... yes i'm fine. this- it feelt good in a way? i can't explain-", he begins to answer the man's question but taehyung quickly shushes him. he helps jimin get up and gets up himself after that.

"what was that? you acted like you were someone entirely different."

of course jimin has to be nosy, he wouldn't be jimin if he wasn't. so taehyung sighs and after a few moments he finally breaks under the other's glance.

"my blood, remember? it's almost black. the darker it gets the more of my humanity i lose. in other words, i am slowly becoming a monster, minnie. have you ever wondered why i barely need any sleep? because i'm a monster. the blood you just gave me was dangerous because nothing has ever energized me like it did."

jimin interrupts him then, not being able to keep up with what the guard is explaining to him.

"so you're saying you're becoming a vampire?", he full on laughs at that.

taehyung rolls his eyes at him and sighs, stroking over the other's hair

"oh come on, we both know vampires don't exist," taehyung shoots back at him and has to laugh as well though. "no i'm not becoming a vampire... i'm just going insane and luckily i gain more bodily strength while doing so. i could break your legs without even trying. you have no idea how hard it is to hold myself back sometimes."

taehyung chuckles at his own pathetic words and then looks at the floor. "one day i will wake up and there will be nothing left of me, my prince. one day i wake up and i don't have the strenght to control myself anymore."

jimin shakes his head. "no! never! this won't happen because i know you are stronger than whatever is inside of you. you're the strongest man i have ever met. you were put through so much and yet you're still fighting to stay human, i love that about you."

taehyung then picks jimin up and spins him around in a circle, burying his nose against the other's neck, inhaling the prince's scent. right now he needs the closeness, needs the feeling of someone loving him the way jimin does.
the prince immediately wraps himself around taehyung as if he's never going to let go again.

but when the taller man walks them over to jimin's bed, he lets the other one fall down on it, making sure he lands comfortably first.

"you're not a monster, tae", jimin says while looking up at taehyung with his big doe eyes.

"good night, minnie."

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺

it's later that night, when everyone is already sleeping, that taehyung finally dares to sit down on the floor again and sigh deeply. if he's being honest with himself, it hasn't been easy to control himself around jimin. the way his darkness has clawed at him while he made love to his prince, the way it was screaming for him to take the prince apart and just have his way with him.

he shakes his head no. he doesn't want to hurt jimin. he wouldn't dare to do so and in case it will ever happen, he will be the one to personally take his own life.

he knows he can't keep on living in case he ever hurts jimin.

taehyung closes his eyes and lets a hand run over his face, feeling exhausted after today, feeling exhausted after having drunk jimin's blood and trying to keep his wanton thoughts for more at bay.

just as he gets up, he hears footsteps, still far away fom him, but he notices them anyways.

thinking nothing of it he keeps on watching the prince, hoping he's having sweet dreams instead of nightmares.
when he hears the footsteps again he can make out two things. firstly, there is more than one pair of shoes and secondly they are running towards the prince's chambers.

calmly, he reaches for the dagger at his belt and pulls it out of its sheath for the second time that night.

he opens jimin's door as quietly as possible and steps into the hallway, making sure to close the door just as quietly again.

suddenly, two things happen at the same time. there is a gun shot, so one of them is carrying a firearm and suddenly there are three man standing in front of him, all of them wearing the kingdom's colors on their uniforms.

taehyung is confused as to why there would be an emergency when he is close and watching the prince, so his second thought is the guards are traitors and out to get his prince.

as he wants to sprint towards them thouhg the one with the firearm suddenly speaks.

"kim taehyung, we are here to escort you back to the king's prison. either you follow us without complaint or we have to take your life."

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

_____________________________________

AN: sorry todays chapter sucks but i really wanted to write to distract myself from my thoughts so here u go have this piece of trash lol

tomorrows update will be better again bc plot will happen!!

if anyone is interested, i made a spotify playlist for this story