chapter 18: a plan

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

jimin wakes up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night, when there is suddenly a plan in his mind - a plan to save taehyung.

he immediately gets up and starts pacing up and down his room again, feeling like a maniac, not quite sure how to actually bring his plan into action, but he's determined to free his lover from prison and aswell avoid him being killed.

once he has his thoughts sorted out he lays back down and tries to sleep, but the excitement over finally having found something that might help, keeps him awake. only when he hears the first birds beginning to sing he can close his eyes.

not long after jeongguk opens the creaking door to his room, as silently as possible.
"your highness it is time for you to wake up", he gently tries to wake the prince, but to no avail since he is fast asleep, cuddled into the cushions laying on his bed, a little smile on his face, even while he's sleeping.

the knight decides to gently shake jimin's shoulder, which makes the prince jolt up from his laying position.

"what is it, jeongguk?", he asks, his voice still muffled and he knows he must look disheveled from tossing and turning around.

"i-it's morning, you have to attend your fighting lessons soon", the younger answers hesitantly, as if he's scared jimin will scream at him again. to be fair, jimin thinks, it was pretty bad yesterday, making the poor kid leave in his hysteria. he shrugs his thoughts off and looks at the younger.

"jeongguk you have to help me."

the other man stares at him in complete confusion.

"what- what can i do for you, your highness?", he asks and jimin smiles as he doesn't seem to question the prince.

"do you remember taehyung?", jimin begins, but is immediately interrupted by the other one.

"your highness you're not supposed to talk about him anymore. he's dangerous and he hurt you-", jeongguk tries but jimin just shakes his head no.

"he's the kindest person to have ever walked this planet. he didn't hurt me, in no way, he asked me if i wanted it, jeongguk. he is the most gentle person i have ever met, and that's why we cannot let him die," jimin declares sternly, looking the other one in the eyes while speaking.

"but he has black blood, your highness, he- he damaged the prison cell he's in, we're scared he'll break out soon if he keeps going like this." jeongguk shakes his head while he speaks, sounding genuinely distressed, but jimin puts his hand on his shoulder to calm him down.

"he'll be fine, just- please help me. i need him to get out of there, i can't let him die."

the younger male inhales and exhales loudly, clearly thinking about jimin's proposition and when he decides to give in, it's clearly visible on his face.

"okay- okay but just because-", but jeongguk doesn't even get to finish his sentence before he has his arms full of the prince, who's hugging him closely.

"thank you", he whispers against the other's chest.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺

after his fighting lesson, jimin and jeongguk are sitting huddled together in the prince's chambers, whispering about the plan jimin came up with.

in theory it sounds easy, but in theory everything sounds easy. all jeongguk has to do is fuck up protecting jimin once, which is a dangerous thing to do in itself but even for that they have a plan.
the prince will take a walk through the garden with the other man and all of a sudden the prince will get lost, while being distracted by smelling some flowers. he will hide away the entire rest of the day and he will be back in the evening. like that jimin will deem jeongguk not suitable for the job of protecting the prince and he will go back to his normal knightly duties, while jimin convinces his father, taehyung is the only one who can protect him at all times.

as jimin said, sounds easy enough. now, jimin thinks, lets pray to the gods that this works.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺

taehyung has finally given up at fighting, having left dents and cracks everywhere around his prison cell, leaving his hands bloody, and once again lays on the cold concrete floor. his back already hurts, but he's just so tired. every day is one day closer to his end, but if he's honest, he can't wait for it anymore.

jimin, the person he thought who loved him, didn't come to save him, abandoned him down here in prison and is the reason why he's here again in the first place, taehyung is convinced at this point.

at first he was just angry at the prince but by now he's angry and disappointed.

at least his eyes came back to normal, the little bits of brown shimmering through every now and then, but all he feels is darkness.

darkness inside him, darkness around him, darkness eating him alive, making him become the monster he swore he'd never be, but it feels so good to let go, to just let go for a little while and finally feel powerful again. he loves the strenght, but he hates it at the same time.

i just want this to be over, he thinks, while looking at the ceiling. please god, if you exist, make it end.

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

AN: hello, here have the worst chapter yet but this is just filler, i hope the next one is better uwu