chapter 17: giving up

AN: again mentions of rape and also implied selfharm (punching walls)

________________________________________

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

jimin needs a plan, he needs a plan quick. two days have already passed since taehyung was put back into jail. he spends most of the time pacing up and down in his room, trying to think of something - anything - he can do to help the man out of there.

his mind seems blank at the moment though, every plan he's come up with so far, has ended with taehyung either dead or gone and he really wants to avoid that.

plan number one was trying to tell his father the truth once again, which only resorted in him being sent back to his room 'to think about his words' and 'that he shouldn't lie to protect a traitor'. jimin really hates his father for being so stubborn.
so jimin scratches that plan again.

plan number to includes trying to find out who ratted them out, who had the balls to stalk him and taehyung without their knowledge and making him tell the king that all he did was spread lies.
turns out there are way too many people inside this castle who are way too good at lying so there is no avail.

jimin sinks to his knees, absolutely devastated as he just doesn't know what to do anymore. two days have already passed and there is not much time left, before they execute taehyung, his lover, his everything.

he tries to imagine a world without him but just can't. everything feels wrong and empty and he just wants him back, wants his protective hands around his body as they hug, wants to feel his lips against his and it's in that moment he notices he's started crying.

jimin quickly tries to wipe his tears but the more he tries, the more they spill from his eyes, like a neverending waterfall. so he just decides to let them flow, taking some time to cry. his shoulders shake with every sob and he lays down on the floor, curled up like an embryo.

suddenly he feels a hand on his trembling shoulders and he shrieks back up into a sitting position, his vision blurred and he's unable to make out the person in front of him until he speaks. "your highness, are you feeling alright?", the stranger asks and at that jimin can make out that it's jeongguk,  the knight - almost still a child - his father chose to fill the gap taehyung has left.

"do i look alright to you?", jimin spits at him and he doesn't mean to sound that way but how else is he supposed to act when the love of his life is about to be executed.

"leave me alone, kid", he orders and jeongguk looks at him sceptically.

"your father ordered for me to be around you at all ti-"

"i said leave!", jimin then screams at him and gets up to lay down in bed, hiding his tear stained face behind the blankets.

the knight still stands where he was before, unsure of what to do when jimin raises his voice once again, even louder than last time.

"if you don't leave right now i'll have you dead!", he knows he sounds hysterical, knows he sounds like he's lost his mind but he needs time alone to clear his head, so he can think of anything to get taehyung out of there. at that the knight finally turns to leave but before he's completely gone he mumbles "i'll be outside your door if you need me". jimin decides to ignore him.

think, please anything, he begs his brain to produce any coherent string of thoughts that could help taehyung right now, but he's just so exhausted.

before he even notices, he's already fast asleep.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺

the last two days gave taehyung time to think, a lot of time actually, as all he did was keep himself occupied by doing push-ups and squats to keep his body from pining away.

and of course his mind is running in circles, each one of the rounds making everything worse inside his head.

the very first thought was something along the lines of someone having seen them close together and makimg assumptions about them, because they have too much time on their hands.

after a while though he decides it must have been someone closer to them. how else could they have known he had sex with jimin? was it one of the teachers? one of the other knights close to the prince? what- what if it was jimin himself?

at first it was just what if jimin accidentally told one of his friends here in the castle because he was just so happy. yes, taehyung nods to himself, while pushing himself up from the ground, it must have been an accident, a big misunderstanding.

after some time passed he scratches that thought again.
what if he purposefully told someone he knows is close to the king? what if jimin really didn't want what they did? did taehyung rape someone? did he rape jimin?

suddenly he feels cold.

jimin could have told him so, if he didn't want it so why would he pretend he was okay with it when in the end...

taehyung jumps up with inhumane speed and punches the wall so hard, it leaves a dent in the bricks, his eyes completely black, not even the whites left, as he comes to a sudden realisation.

jimin and the king must have had a plan the entire time. they must have planned for taehyung to fall for jimin and take his virginity. it was all just a plan to get rid of him for good.

taehyung is furious, he can feel the darkness gnawing at him but this time he lets it happen, wants for the darkness to consume him. he has his hands balled into fists as he this time punches the bars of the prison cell, leaving a dent in them, where he hit them.

fuck you, jimin, he thinks to himself as he stares down at his bleeding hand.

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

____________________________________

AN: i know this is an angst fest atm but it will get better i promise