chapter 1: the sun

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

the next thing taehyung sees is blinding light. he feels like he can't see at all anymore because his eyes got so used to the darkness of his cell, the sun only a far away memory amongst some happier days.
he has to squint his eyes for a minute, before he can identify more details than just light.
the black haired man notices how colorful and bright everything looks, but he can only wonder about how something as regular as grass can look so pretty, before the royal guard pulls him into a room and tosses an arrangement of clothes in his direction.
"put this on, you don't want our highness to see you like this," he says sternly and taehyung furrows his brows.
highness, he thinks to himself. the king wants to see me? but why?
his thoughts want to linger and theorize, but the guard steps forward and undoes the knot that is tying his hands together, which teleports him right back to reality.

he can't deny how nervous he is and his hands are shaking, as the young man begins to undress. he keeps his glance glued to the floor, to scared to make a mistake, as he puts on the clothes provided to him.
it's nothing special, just a linen shirt and pants but at least it makes him look a little more put together, than the ripped piece of cloth he was wearing before.
as taehyung finishes dressing himself, he reaches out to scratch his head and he's immediately sent flying towards the ground.

"i didn't say you could move", growls the guard who pushed him and taehyung shivers, because yes, he might be considered very dangerous to others, but this man has him completely at his mercy, there is no doubt.

he nods very softly, as to not anger the guard any more than he already is and waits for a command to get up.

he doesn't get one, but instead the man kneels down in front of him to tie his hands back together and very roughly pulls him back up to his feet.

taehyung decides to stay very silent after this, having no idea what is to come.
why would the king want to see him? to personally end his life? to make him suffer? he softly shakes his head
worrying doesn't change anything right now and he decides to stop and just follow the guard.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺

when they reach their destination, taehyung can't help but gasp in awe. never in his life has he been in the castle, nor has he ever been this close to the king - or any royalty for that matter.
the king is sitting lazily on his throne as they enter but immediately sits up straight. he motions towards his right and the younger man sitting there looks at taehyung in ... is it disgust? or fear? he can't really tell from the distance.

when the king speaks, his voice booms through the entire hall.
"are you kim taehyung?", he asks, his voice loud and stern and the prisoner can't help but flinch when he's being addressed so directly.
taehyung falls to his knees and bows his head in deep devotion
"yes, your highness. my name is kim taehyung.", his voice barely louder than a whisper, as he doesn't dare raising his voice any more than that.

the king nods and then speaks up again.
"i heard you are an excellent fighter, with blood that is almost entirely black. is that true?"

the young man nods aswell, still not looking up, unsure about what is going to happen to him now.
"you could say i'm a decent fighter, yes. i used to train every day before i was caught and brought to prison."

the king makes a little noise in the back of his throat and taps his fingers on the arm rest of his throne for a moment.

"stand up, kim taehyung," the king moves his hand as to make him get up from the position on his knees, "and step forward. i want to look at you."

taehyung shivers, but does as commanded, too scared to be killed if he decided to disobey.

"i want you to swear on your life, kim taehyung, to protect my son, prince park jimin, whose blood is white like snow, from everything bad that will ever happen to him."

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

______________________________

AN: if anyone decides this is worth a read, i'd be honored! btw english isn't my first language, so if you notice any mistakes or something sounds very .... weird, please let me know <3