25. OLD MAN

"A Werewolf."

Lady Jenna's eyebrows quirk upward as she stared at him dumbfoundedly. Clara eased out of Jecinta's mother's hold and turned to look at Torren with her teary face.

He stood still as he watched their expressions, the silence in the room felt like an eternity and he didn't like it.

       "What?"

Clara finally broke the silence, she had a look of horror, wonder and disbelief.

       "Th-That…that c-can't be possible, those things are not true." Lady Jenna refused to believe though something in her felt it to be true.

        "It is true, that's what I am," he spoke boldly but internally, his heart was breaking.

Her breath hitched and she sniffled as fresh tears clouded her vision.

        "Stop it! Stop all of this!" Jenna screamed at him. She was tired of crying, tired of everything.

Torren watched her with a relaxed posture. He felt relieved revealing what he was.

They had hidden their identity for many centuries and revealing it made him feel free.

          "I can show you if you let me."

He spoke so calmly that it made Jenna gaze at him in astonishment.

His golden eyes watched her with intent as he waited for her to say something.

Clara stood baffled as she watched what went on between Torren and Lady Jenna.

          "I…want you…to leave."

Jenna tried to sound calm but he could hear the anger in her voice that she was trying to suppress.

Her breathing came out heavily as her chest rose and fell. Her eyes were glaring at him and the tears didn't stop.

          "Leave before my husband returns…LEAVE!"

Her voice rose at the last line, she was becoming furious.

She pricked his ego and he wanted to speak back due to his pride but he held back.

If he were to let his anger come out, she wouldn't stand it even for a minute.

While gazing into each other's eyes, a message passed through to her from him.

           'I'm Sorry.'

Lady Jenna's eyes widened in awe because his lips didn't move but she heard his voice in her head apologize. It made her speechless.

With that, Torren walked past her and headed for the front door without looking back. He opened the door and stepped out.

Lady Jenna stood still in shock.

         'What just happened?' she thought to herself.

        "Aunt Jenna," Clara called in worry.

As if coming back to her senses, she hurried after him.

She opened the front door and stepped out to see if he was nearby because she doubted he would've gone far.

However, he was nowhere to be found.

Jenna's eyes were still wide because she thought he had been lying to them until he spoke to her through his eyes, it was very unnatural.

          "Where is he?" She asked no one in particular.

"Aunt Jenna? What's the problem? You told him to leave," Clara reminded her as she came to stand by her side.

But Jenna didn't answer, rather she thought about what had happened.

If he could do that then it meant he wasn't lying, it meant he was really a Werewolf and…

…He did kill her daughter…

She shouldn't have let him go, Jenna thought to herself in bitterness.

*

Where does he go from here?

Even after asking that question, he found himself walking in a specific direction.

He got his power back so what next? He had no men to fight under him. His pack was gone, his mate was also gone and he felt like just killing himself.

He left the house barefooted but he didn't mind it.

It didn't take long for him to find himself standing in front of a large building.

      God's temple…

He gritted his teeth, he wasn't the kind of person to seek help from others. It irked him.

But at this point of his life, he needed a priest or a prophet.

Someone who could tell him what to do next and which step to take.

He was holding on to his last sanity all because of Jecinta. Her death was killing him.

He took a step of determination and walked into the temple with his head lifted up.

There were benches on either side, leading all the way to the altar and few people sat on them to pray.

Torren stared ahead as he marched onward until he stopped at the base of the altar and fell heavily on his knees.

He was strong again but that didn't mean he could do things like before. Tears blurred his vision and he didn't blink to stop them from rolling out.

       "I have nowhere to go father…I don't even have a mate anymore…my life is ruined…where do I go from here lord? Where?" He voiced out what was bothering him from the innermost part of his heart.

        "I…I have made a lot of mistakes…and…" he paused because he was overwhelmed with emotions.

        "Stop crying son, God will show you the way."

Torren looked to his left and found an old man staring back at him. The man wasn't wearing any priestly garments, he looked like an ordinary person.

The man was very old with a lot of white hair and wrinkles but he dressed well like he was from a modest home.

He knelt beside him and gave him an encouraging smile before speaking again.

        "If you're ready to make things right, he'll show you the way. But I'd like to suggest something if you don't mind, son."

Torren gave a silent nod, he was ready to carry out any task. The old man smiled as if he read his thoughts.

        "Since you have nowhere to go, why don't you go to Cloveville. That city will redeem you and guide you on what to choose…but it all depends on your decision."