24. A WEREWOLF

A thick heaviness settled in the room as Lady Jenna broke down in tears.

Clara stood up and came at him, she gripped his shirt and yelled angrily at him, asking why he did such but he silently watched them with regretful eyes.

       'You did well.'

He looked away from Clara and faced his mate's spirit. Her orange hair was shining brightly and she was wearing a clean white gown.

Her lively eyes met his and he found tears in them.

And just like that, she gradually faded away until she was no more.

Torren couldn't believe his eyes, was she gone for good from his life now? No, he didn't want her to disappear from his life.

        "Jecinta!" He called her name in worry and searched for her but Clara was gripping him hard and it was frustrating.

        "Why will you say something like that? Stop lying, tell us what you said isn't the truth," Clara sobbed as she pleaded with him. She found it hard to believe because Torren didn't look like an evil person to her.

Tears pooled round Torren's eyes as he became restless because he couldn't see Jecinta anymore.

        "JECINTA!"

"Why are you calling her name! Torren be serious…this isn't something to be joked about," Clara's cries grew louder as she held his shirt.

Lady Jenna slowly went back to one of the chairs and sat on it with care, her tears kept rushing out and she couldn't stop it.

Her mind was spinning and she couldn't understand what was happening anymore.

Did Torren really kill her daughter?

But the marks on her body weren't done by a normal person, it was obviously an animal.

But if he was the one, then why did he kill her?

She turned her face in their direction and watched Torren's expression. He was restless as he looked around the room for someone.

He also looked broken and perplexed at the same time.

Clara was screaming questions at him amidst her sob's but Lady Jenna couldn't hear a word.

        'I killed Jecinta'.

His words echoed in her mind and a whimper escaped her lips as her body vibrated. Her eyes were bloodshot red and she closed them and leaned her head backward as she sank into the chair hopelessly while shaking her head in a pitiful way.

It was very unfair to them, they had suffered a lot.

Getting Jecinta wasn't easy. They had been without a child for many years until Jecinta finally came into their lives from God, showing how merciful and gracious he was.

They were getting close to their old age now and what they needed was someone to take care of them and not the other way round.

It was unsafe for her to give birth at her age.

To top off how unfortunate their situation was, their only daughter was taken away from them.

Jenna's lips parted and her eyes tightened shut as she tried to control herself from screaming out the pain she felt because it was very unbearable.

Jecinta had only one friend because others didn't want to be her friend, they found her ugly due to her freckles and when she grew up, she had problems getting a suitor.

Getting a grip of herself, she stood up from the chair and went back to Clara and Torren.

Torren's attention came to settle on her  and he had a tear line on the left side of his face. He parted his lips to speak but he was unsure of what to say.

Clara was in pain, the reminder of her friend's death took a great effect on her.

Lady Jenna tenderly pulled Clara away from Torren and she didn't resist, she just turned and buried her face in Jecinta's mother's bosom.

Lady Jenna's eyes were focused on Torren and he could tell that she was trying to digest everything, she wanted to understand why he did it. She was furious.

Her lips trembled as she parted them to speak but she was unable, tears rolled out of her eyes and she had to blink so much to control her tears.

When she did that, she tried to speak again.

       "W-Why did you do it?"

Those words came out broken, it wasn't easy for her to speak in the state she was.

Torren gritted his teeth but his eyes never backed down from hers.

       "I…I don't…know what came over me."

His response made her shut her eyes and turn her face away. A cry sound threatened to leave her mouth but she wanted to act strong. She wanted to get all her answers first.

Her hands were rubbing Clara's back with warmth and tenderness as she thought of another question.

        "How?..." Her voice shook but she forced herself to ask.

       "How did you kill her?"

When she saw her daughter's corpse, there were slashes all over her body like an animal's claws.

So if he said he killed Jecinta then how did he do it when it was obvious that an animal did it. Unless he was a monster!

Lady Jenna's eyes opened at that thought and she gasped before looking back at him.

His golden eyes were filled with regret.

         'His strange golden eyes,' she wondered to herself.

"What are you? Because it's obvious you're not a human being," she didn't hold back her burning question.

Torren could see anger coated with fear in her eyes and it pricked his heart.

Would lying to her make a difference?

He had caused them so much pain so what was the point in hiding his identity?

He was still an Alpha and he couldn't back down because of a minor fear.

After all, he had no one so it didn't matter what they did or say to him.

         "A WEREWOLF."