14. WEAK

'You brought this upon yourself!'

'Look at you now!'

'One day you will be brought to your lowest'...

His eyelids opened, revealing his golden eyes as he gasped loudly for air.

     "Urggh," he groaned loudly when he felt weakened by the pains all over his body, especially his chest.

Tears filled his eyes due to the pain and he tried to sit up with difficulty.

When he struggled for almost an hour, he finally sat upright while leaning his back against a dark wall.

He shut his eyes tightly as he tried to find a comfortable position. When he opened his eyes, he frowned deeply.

His golden eyes took in his surroundings and it baffled him.

How did he get here?

What happened?

Who brought him here?

The more he asked questions, the more his mind began to open up and the memories of what happened flooded in.

      His brother had taken away his strength!

Fear clouded his eyes at that awful memory and it weakened him further.

As a leader, without his power he was nothing, absolutely nothing!

But that was not all, he knew something strange happened.

He tried to recall something and when her name came to his mind, he finally remembered everything like it just happened a few hours ago.

      Jecinta was there!

His eyes widened and he tried to stand up but couldn't, he ended up gritting his teeth to hold back the shout.

      He saw her clearly.

How was it possible when she was dead?

The more he thought about the incident that happened, the more his head ached badly.

What had his brother done to him?

How was it even possible that he could take his strength? He couldn't do that and he didn't have the power to do it.

Alpha Torren's eyes looked around the place and from the look of it, he was in a dungeon. An underground dungeon.

It could only mean one thing, his brother put him here.

The place was dark, if not for his sharp eyes he wouldn't have been able to see anything.

He was inside a cell which had rusted iron bars and everywhere was littered with bones of people who died.

What was he going to do now?

He had to find his Gamma and Beta before escaping.

But how could he do that with no strength?

He couldn't lift himself up, talk more of helping another person.

The place was cold and he felt it deep in his bones.

How could someone reduce him to this state?

He was undefeatable

He had never been overpowered.

He clenched his left hand to fist in anger but he was too weak to clench it for long.

There was a famous saying; 'From grass to grace' but his own was the opposite, 'From grace to grass.'

      What had he done wrong?

He knew he didn't kill Jecinta on purpose but only tried to stay away from her because he didn't want his enemies using her as his weakness and he didn't want to be brought down all because of her!

Despite that, he kept going to see her just to sate his feelings but it got stronger and stronger.

And to top it all, God provided him a weak and fragile mate who wasn't fit to rule beside him.

      He blamed God for what he did.

But killing Jecinta never crossed his mind, was he under an influence?

He couldn't remember how it happened but when it happened, something in him told him he did it with his own hands.

His heart became heavy again and his vision blurred with hot tears.

It was hard to just erase her from his mind.

She was his mate for goodness sake!

Ever since her death, he wasn't himself anymore. He was reduced to nothing and the thought of being powerful and ruler of all dissipated from his mind.

      He just wanted his mate back.

He didn't want to be having illusions about her, it would definitely kill him.

As he sat in that same position without moving a muscle, the sound of shoes echoed round the dungeon and he began to prepare his mind for the worse to come.

Gradually, the sound became more prominent as they neared his cell and he eventually saw them.

The guards held torches in their hands and stood behind two Alphas. From where Torren sat, he was able to recognize who they were.

One was his blood brother while the other was an Alpha he despised with all his heart.

Finally, they came to stand in front of the cell and watched him through the iron bars. Torren glared calmly at them.

      "You seem to be doing fine now Torren, compared to how we left you," the tall Alpha whose name was Reuben spoke with a charming smile that irked Torren.

      "How are you feeling brother? In pain?"

The other Alpha who was his brother questioned him with an innocent look but when he got not reply, he grinned evilly at his brother.

The grin was a mocking one, a one that made Torren really infuriated but all he could do was puff in anger.

       "He seems to be doing just fine, Elvis, how about we leave him here for another seven days or maybe more," Alpha Reuben suggested and Elvis smiled in agreement.

Torren's eyes hardened at what the man said.

From what he heard, he could already decipher how long he had stayed in the dungeon.

With the terrible pain he felt coupled with hunger and weakness, it made him believe what he thought to be true.

'He had been unconscious in the cell for seven days.'