16. NUMB

'You're heartless!'

'You're a murderer!'

'There's no single humanity in you!'

'All you did was ruin everything'...

He inhaled sharply and his eyes opened in horror. He could hear voices everywhere.

The place was completely dark and he couldn't see a thing. He was shivering and breathing heavily due to the cold and fear.

      'Where am I?' he wondered in dread.

He could vividly recall that he had been in the woods with Jecinta before he was suddenly swallowed by the ground.

       Now where was he?

"Jecinta," he called her because she was the only one he met in the woods.

Torren wasn't afraid of her, he was only being careful because at this point, she could do what she liked with him.

Gradually, it began to dawn on him that it was her spirit who was disturbing him.

His father's spirit never disturbed him after he killed him so why was Jecinta's spirit doing this to him?

He slowly stood up on his feet while being alert of his environment.

As he took a careful step, he heard a crack beneath his right foot.

He immediately lowered his gaze to see what he had stepped on. He slowly lifted his leg and noticed he had stepped on someone's bones.

When he looked around, it was then he saw thousands of skeleton bones all over the dark ground. His breath shuddered and he wobbled slightly.

      Was he dreaming?

How could it be so dark everywhere but he could see the bones on the ground.

His golden eyes were dull and filled with fright coupled with his inability to shift to his wolf side because his brother had taken away his strength.

Gritting his teeth, he decided to take a step forward, making sure he didn't step on the bones.

But even as he moved forward, he couldn't see an exit anywhere. The place was completely dark.

Unknown to him, one of the bones moved and it swiftly caught hold of his leg in a tight grip.

Torren shook in fright as he looked back to see what had held him back.

Another one held his other leg and they pulled him in such a way that he lost balance and fell on top of the other bones.

       "Get off me! LET ME GO!"

He struggled but it was futile. The skeletons gathered all over him, trapping him.

        "HELP! HEEELP!!!"

He screamed, but who exactly was he screaming to for help? No one.

The bones formed a round cage and trapped him inside. Torren began to panic and he looked for a way out but couldn't.

His teeth began to chatter and he fell to his knees at the sudden cold he felt inside him. His bones were weakened and he became paralyzed.

          "Torren."

His eyes looked round the small cage of bones but couldn't find the source of the voice but he knew who it was.

         "Oh Torren," this time around it sounded like the person pitied him.

Suddenly, the bones created a wide opening and there she was, standing on the other side in the darkness.

She was smiling at him and her head was left open, revealing her curly orange long hair.

He wanted to speak but his lips couldn't move, he just stared at her, waiting for whatever she wanted to do to him.

       "Those lovely pair of golden eyes led me to my death."

Her smile became bitter after making that statement and her eyes blazed with pure anger.

Torren's body was too numb to feel anything but his heart ached badly. He wanted to hold her.

        "A pity I can't pluck them out."

She raised her left leg and placed it inside the cage of bones where he was. His heart did a flip of fear but he couldn't go anywhere.

She lifted her other leg and entered completely before walking up to him.

It didn't take long for her to finally stand tall before him.

The smell of her blood hit his senses so hard because it was still fresh.

Slowly, she lowered herself to his level and sat on her heels.

They held each other's gaze unwaveringly and he could see the emptiness in her eyes. She was hurting badly and from her facial expression, he knew it.

      "But I can torture you all I want."

Her left hand swiftly dug into his abdomen and his lips parted just as his eyes also enlarged in shock.

She dug deep and he screamed in pain until he blacked out.

*

Cold water was splashed at him and he suddenly regained consciousness.

When he opened his eyes, he quickly shut them back due to the sudden brightness he saw and the headache he felt.

Gradually, he opened them again but he squinted them as he tried to adjust to the bright light.

Water droplets fell from his body to the ground and he was too dizzy to understand what was happening to him.

Everything was quite confusing, he could still feel the terrible pain in his abdomen and the numbness of his bones.

His head ached badly and his eyes were unsteady, he couldn't even move or shout in pain because his throat was parched.

Everything looked blurry to his eyes and he knew he would lose consciousness.

       'Did they tie him?' at least he was able to know that one because of the tightness he felt and it made him feel suffocated.

        "Welcome back brother, how was your stay in the dungeon?"

His brother's voice sounded like echoes to his mind and just by hearing it made him want to lose consciousness immediately.

         "Torren"

Was that Jecinta calling again?

That was the last he remembered as he went unconscious.