12. THE ATTACK

Ever since they returned from the woods, Alpha Torren had been awfully quiet and it disturbed Gamma Craig the most because a lot of responsibilities rested on his shoulders.

Mostly, werewolves thrived on the support of their mates.

Without their mates there was absolutely nothing to live for. That was how important their mates were to them.

 For a week, Alpha Torren had remained in his room without coming out to eat food or drink water.

Anytime Gamma Craig went to see him to speak to him, he would remain mute all the time with his eyes staring into space like a statue.

He hadn't taken his bath for days nor had he fallen asleep.

Gamma Craig looked frustrated as he tried to explain things to his Alpha, letting him know that other packs had joined forces to attack their pack which was strange.

      They had never experienced such before.

      "Alpha, we need you. Your people need you," Craig pleaded with him but Alpha Torren's eyes were elsewhere.

Seeing he made no achievement in making Alpha Torren get up, Gamma Craig stood up and left the room defeated.

How could they fight against five packs all at once?

Were they cursed?

Alpha Torren's father had ruled wrongly but Alpha Torren ruled well, however, he went extra miles and took things too far.

A decade ago, he had outrightly marched into the other packs and fought against them, killing many. He took things in his hands and didn't seek help from anyone, even the Lord.

The priest had constantly told them it was because of the Lord's mercy that was upon him if not he would've been wasted long ago.

His mother and siblings left the pack long ago to only God knows.

They hadn't seen them for almost a decade.

And it got to a point where Alpha Torren did what they had done to his pack, but he would unnecessarily kill their Alphas and take away their people as captives to be under him.

He wanted to rule completely over all the packs for what they had done to his pack many years ago.

       "Gamma! Gamma!! Gamma Craig!!!"

Gamma Craig frowned deeply as he hurried out of the room and the guards who were stationed on either side of the doors closed it.

One of the gate guards came to him in a haste with a terrified look as he spoke in a hurry.

        "Gamma, they are here."

Those words put a heavy burden in his chest and he subconsciously inhaled sharply at the news. His eyes were wide and fear slowly began to creep into his mind but he quickly pushed it away.

He had to protect his Alpha at all cost!

The pack was looking up to him now and he couldn't afford to disappoint them.

        "Were the gate guards able to hold them off at the gates?"

At his question, the guard swallowed his saliva and his Adam apple bobbed up and down.

Gamma Craig's eyes went wide at the gate guard's reaction to his question, and without waiting for a second more, he ran past the guard in hurry because he feared for the people and the calamity that would befall them.

Before he could go far, four foreign werewolves charged into the building and before Craig could shift to his wolf form, they seized him and pinned him to the ground.

       "Urgh," he groaned when his arms were twisted.

He heard screams and cries everywhere and it put him on full edge when he thought about the safety of his mate who was with child in her womb.

       He howled and growled while thrashing about.

He was dragged roughly by the werewolves which were able to stand on their back legs and hold things with their forelegs like humans.

When they were outside the building, Gamma Craig's eyes enlarged at the number of their enemies who had stormed right into their pack and seized their people.

Whoever refused to go willingly with them, they didn't hesitate to end their lives. Bodies were scattered everywhere and five powerful Alphas stood in the middle of the land watching the damages their men did.

As if sensing him, they turned their attention to him. One of them looked very familiar and color left Craig's face as he stared in shock when he remembered who he was.

       "Gamma Craig, it's good to finally see you after so many years." He grinned widely at him.

Two women were screaming loudly as they dragged them to where the Alphas stood along with Beta Cain who had been terribly beaten to stupor. He was weak and half unconscious.

How had he not sensed the danger on time? Gamma Craig thought in fright when he saw his mate who was dragged with Beta Cain's mate as well.

      "Let her go! Stop hurting her!"

He became very furious with how they handled her and thrashed about as he tried to get out of their hold.

      "Oh look at that, how pitiful," the same Alpha who had spoken to him, spoke again.

       "WHERE IS ALPHA TORREN!"

Another Alpha shouted furiously. He was strongly built with great muscles, one blow could put a human being in a serious coma.

        "Is he hiding now?"

The third Alpha who was calm and gentle spoke, he was the tallest and the evillest amongst them even though he had a gentle appearance.

        "WHAT DO YOU ALL WANT? STOP THIS!"

Gamma Craig shouted back at them, his eyes were fierce and he wanted to shift into his wolf form but they held him tightly.

        "You are in no position to question us Gamma," the fourth one raised his voice at him and Gamma Craig growled as he lowered his head in defeat.

        "Now where has my brother run off to?"

The first Alpha who had spoken first, questioned no one in particular.

He looked and sounded very thrilled but it was not good at all, Gamma Craig knew he was here to take revenge on his elder brother.