17. COMA

She had a naive and innocent look. Her eyelashes fluttered delicately at him and she gave him one of her best smiles, her freckles stood out and so did her bright orange curly hair which shone under the sunlight. She was glorious.

Her lips parted and she spoke but it sounded like a man's voice;

      "WAKE UP!"

Torren's eyes immediately opened in shock and he came face to face with a frowning man who was glaring at him.

When the man saw he had gained consciousness, he took a step back but he still watched him closely.

Torren's weak eyes looked around and at the people who held him captive.

      "LOOSE HIM," the man who was glaring at him ordered and two guards did as he instructed.

When they loosened him, his brother Erin came to stand before him, he had a calm and satisfied look.

       "You have nothing brother, I wonder how you will cope now."

He spoke like he cared but he didn't, he just enjoyed seeing the state his brother was in.

Torren couldn't understand anything as he hadn't eaten for days. He was half unconscious.

The room they were in wasn't too big nor was it small and it had two windows and one door with five people in it plus him, making six.

      "Take him away and throw him in the woods where no one would find him," Alpha Reuben ordered them.

It was then that Torren realized they had loosen him already, he was still dripping wet from the cold water they had poured on him.

The guards lifted him up from the chair he sat on and supported him since he was too weak to move or walk on his own.

What was happening? Torren wondered in confusion. His eyes were unsteady and he tried to focus but his head didn't let him because of the pain.

      "When he regains full consciousness and realizes that everything had been taken from him, it would've been too late for him to act," Alpha Reuben stated as his eyes followed Torren until he was taken out of their sight.

       "And to top it all, he's no different from the humans." His brother, Erin, emphasized and the man who stood with them who was also an Alpha, smiled contentedly.

*

He was dragged out of their territory and into the cold woods which was covered in snow.

They held both his hands and his back rubbed against the white ice cold ground.

His skin was pale and he knew he would die any moment from the torture he received.

Jecinta's torture alone was enough to put him in a coma. The rim of his eyes were dark and heavy.

His dull eyes watched the clear sky but they were unsteady.

       "Let's leave him here, this is far enough."

One of the guards suggested and the other one gave it a thought before nodding in agreement.

        "He'll be dead before anyone finds him."

"I don't think so, but even if someone happens to find him and save him, he has already lost everything."

         "True."

With that, they both left him to the fate of the woods. Whatever happened to him was none of their business.

The cool wind was the only thing he heard.

This was his opportunity to run away and make a plan on how to attack them but he couldn't move.

They really knew what they were doing.

Taking his strength and leaving him for days without feeding him. They also took away his Gamma and Beta, his pillars.

Worst if all, Jecinta tortured him.

There was nothing he could do at this point, the three people he loved were taken away.

His eyes wavered and his iris shook, he tried to gain full control but he ended up losing consciousness again.

This time around, he fell into a coma.

*

Everywhere was completely dark, there was nowhere to go and he remained in that void for a long time until a door suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

It opened and a bright white light filled the place, driving away the darkness and in a blink of an eye, he found himself in a small living room.

There were three cushioned armchairs and a rug in the middle with a wooden table on top.

The room had just a window and a door, the door he came through.

There was fire in the hearthstead to warm up the room and make it more comfortable and bright.

       "Torren."

He shifted his eyes from the window and looked in the direction of the voice.

His eyes narrowed when he saw Jecinta sitting on one of the arm chairs. She hadn't been there before so how was it that she appeared all of a sudden?

She was smiling widely at him, exposing her lovely set of teeth. Her face brightened and her brown eyes suddenly had light in them.

        "Jecinta," he breathed her name like wind and tears filled his eyes.

There was no blood on her and she was in a clean yellow nightgown.

Her hair was let down, it was full and properly combed and the curls came out beautifully. He could already feel them with his eyes.

         "Come, sit with me," she invited him and warmth filled his chest.

There was a book in her hand that she might've been reading.

When he didn't move but only stared in disbelief, she stood up and came to meet him and her scent overwhelmed his senses.

          "Come with me Torren," she offered him her tender hand.

He stared down at her hand for a long time but she patiently waited for him.

A tear fell from his left eye as he took her offered hand in his. The feel of her hand was so real, too real that he didn't want to wake up.