15. VULNERABLE

"A pity you don't have a mate, if not she would've saved you the stress of staying in this cell." Alpha Reuben spoke.

Those words sparked something dangerous in him and he furiously struggled to his feet but he fell to the ground heavily.

His brother laughed at his plight before speaking.

      "By the way brother, I have given your strength to Erin. He needs it more than you do."

Torren's chest rose and fell as he remained on the ground with his front facing upward. He was vulnerable without his strength.

Only the eldest son of an Alpha could take anyone's strength but the rest of them couldn't.

So it bothered Torren greatly at how his brother easily took his strength away from him.

      "You should reflect on your sins brother while you still can because we'll be back in a week. And also, don't forget to pray for your people, especially your precious Gamma and Beta."

His brother reminded him before they left him to be consumed by the darkness of the dungeon.

The sound of their shoes began to fade away and soon he couldn't hear them again. He was all alone.

      "Arrrggggghhh!"

He shouted loudly and his voice echoed round the quiet place. When he stopped, he began to breathe heavily and his chest rose and fell like he had done tedious work.

       "GOD WHY?!"

He couldn't help it so he decided to question God for what he had put him through.

Was he punishing him? But what crime did he commit in the first place?

He didn't see any wrong in killing his father because he felt his father was a hindrance to a lot of things happening.

Was it bad to want to rule all the packs?

Was it bad to kill your enemies?

Was it wrong to take situations into his own hands?

Was it wrong to cut off from his family?

Was it wrong to protect his people?

Then why was he in such a situation?

       "You know I didn't kill her even though I despise the fact that you gave me a human! I was POSSESSED! Why can't you understand that?"

Torren screamed in frustration. He wasn't even sure whether God heard him or not because he grew up without caring if he got an answer or not.

Silence took over after that and Torren began to feel the after effect of staying for many days without food or water.

That shout had taken his last energy and in less than five minutes, he passed out.

*

Cold engulfed his entire body and made his bones go numb, even the ground he was lying on was chilly.

A heavy breeze blew against him but he didn't shiver because of how numb his body was.

He was far from the word vulnerable, he couldn't move his hands nor could he open his eyes.

So this is what it felt like to be vulnerable and weak.

He tried to swallow his saliva because his throat was dried but he couldn't even taste any saliva in his mouth.

       "Torren," a whisper of his name went past his right ear but he remained still.

       "Torren."

The second time, it felt like someone came close to his ear and whispered his name.

His eyes came open and he squinted them when the wind blew some white particles to his face.

        What?

His eyes opened wider as he tried to adjust them to the new surroundings.

        What was going on? How was he outside all of a sudden?

He tried to lift himself up to a sitting position since he was lying down on the cold snowy ground.

Now he understood why he felt a strong cold like ice overwhelm him.

It was difficult to sit up but he successfully did it.

Maybe he hadn't really lost all his strength, he thought to himself as he took in the place with his eyes.

He was in the middle of a forest…no…woods.

Why was he in the woods all of a sudden?

       "Torren!"

A female voice called out to him with urgency and he looked around in search for her but couldn't find her.

Breathing with difficulty, he struggled onto his feet and staggered a little but he got his balance.

        "Torren."

He turned his head over his shoulder when he heard the voice call his name again from behind him.

        "Who is it?"

He questioned the unknown person as he became cautious of his environment.

        "Torren."

He looked ahead of him and there she was, some distance away from him.

Her red cape danced behind her and her hood covered her head but he could see her face.

He nearly gasped but he ended up sighing heavily. He became burdened and guilty for seeing her the way she was, covered in her own blood.

          "Jecinta."

Her face hardened and she began to utter strange words like incantations.

         "Jecinta what are you doing?"

He questioned in alarm and tried to approach her but he couldn't because his legs were hooked.

When he looked down, he saw that his legs were sinking into the ground.

Skeleton hands pushed out of the snowy ground and pulled him further into the ground with them.

Panic seized him and he began to call out to his mate but she stood at the same spot, laughing at him.

        "JECINTA! JECINTA!!"

Torren battled hard but he couldn't overpower them due to how vulnerable he was. He didn't want to be buried alive, he didn't want to die.

        "JECINTA!!!"

He screamed her name once more before he was taken into the ground.