~Heaven's Door (2K Special)

January 22, 2013

"It's been a while since we worked together Baechu-ah. I hear they have given you stage name for the future." Eric said sitting next to Joohyun. She had a noticeable glow up from the last time he saw her. Maybe it's the makeup she uses since she does more modeling roles.

"It's Irene. In my opinion it's rather strange they have given me that name. They let Seulgi-ah keep her real name but a Western name like Irene? It just sounds off to me" Joohyun wore winter boots and jacket since it was the middle of winter.

"Probably. I don't know what ajusshi is cooking up, but it's definitely something. I heard they brought in a trainee from Canada. The fact he's younger than Yerim-ah surprises me." Eric gasped.

"We're all getting older. It's not like 2006 when you and Changmin were the youngest. You think Hsingche is young just wait until Yerim-ah debuts. Then you'll truly feel like an ajusshi!" She laughed.

"If Yerim-ah debuts as maknae with you girls I'll hold a special celebration!" Eric replied.

"You're such a sweet gentleman oppa. I wish there were more men like you. I feel like an ajumma when I'm next to them. Being the oldest trainee has its drawbacks." Joohyun cried out.

"You make it sound like you'll never find that significant other. Give it time! Right now, you're still a trainee. You need to have faith in yourself. Ajusshi gave you special roles other trainees don't get. He definitely sees potential in you! It's already been four years since the last girl group. If not this year then definitely next year! Just have faith Baechu-ah." Eric said with upmost optimism.

"Oppa... " Irene's face turned red as she processed those kind words. One could see a small smile on her face.

Eric Nam, the maknae, the boyfriend, the singer was back. This time he wanted a more personal style that represented him. So, he went with his "Boy Next Door" look with traits that only a boyfriend would have. Compared to his usual flashy outfits during group activity, he opted for a more casual wear.

The music video was a glimpse into a daily life with a boyfriend like Eric Nam. Like the saying goes "Every girl needs an Eric in their household". To Korean media, he represented everything ideal in a boyfriend. Thoughtful, Caring, Polite, naturally cute without it being forced nor contrived. He was just Eric. The girlfriend was played by Joohyun now named "Irene". Her visuals perfectly complimented Eric.

Sooman advertised the two as the ideal couple. A perfect representation of Korean youth. Promotions were plastered all over the SM building and a major billboard was placed in the streets of Seoul. The people handed out the posters were Seulgi and Yerim.

"IF YOU WANT AN ERIC NAM INTO YOUR HOUSEHOLD BUY THE EP CLOUD 9!!" Seulgi shouted from the mic.

"IF YOU BUY THE EP YOU'LL GET A TEN PERCENT DISCOUNT!! HE'S ON DEMAND TODAY! Would you like to have oppa today?" Yerim also shouted before handing a copy to the young girl.

"Gamsahabnida. I've been waiting for one. I've been a fan since my middle school days! Annyeong!" She filled the application with the name Wheein written. Said girl left with joy.

And while the promotions were wrapping up Eric filmed with Irene doing ordinary couple things like playing in the snow and driving around Seoul. Irene would appear a few shots giggling at something funny or thoughtful sent by Eric on messages. In fact the video starts like a video you get from a text. The video ends with Eric giving a soft kiss to Irene's forehead.

Barami cham johda nal eorumanjyeo junda
Seulgeum seulgeum nae mam sok
Bureul jipyeo balgireul ormginda
Natseon giri manta eodil ttara galkka
Ikkeullineun daero danneun daero
Gabomyeon algetji

Saeroun sesangeul hyanghan seolleim
Machi kkul gateun dalkomhame tto dasi

Cheongugui muneul yeonda nege ikkeullyeo
Mijiui gireul georeogago isseo
Cheongugui muneul yeolmyeon mannage doelkka
Naui dabeul jinjja dabeul chatgo sipeo

Gal giri tto meolda i yeojeongi cham jota
Dugeun dugeun seollaem
Sok buranhami myohage seokkinda
Gateun gireun eopda eotteon nareul bolkka
Pyeolchyeojineun daero inneun daero
Gabomyeon algetji

Oraen banghwange mannan tteollim
Machi kkum gateun pogeunhame tto dasi

Cheongugui muneul yeonda nege ikkeullyeo
Mijiui gireul georeogago isseo
Cheongugui muneul yeolmyeon mannage doelkka
Naui dabeul jinjja dabeul chatgo sipeo

I girui kkeute seomyeon naranhi
Ne yeope seomyeon
Jogeum deo jaranan nal gidaehae bwado doelkka
Neoege sokhan sesangiran
Eotteon gibun eotteon gibunilkka

Tto dasi cheongugui bicheul bonda nareul ikkeureo
Mijiui gireul georeogago isseo
Cheongugui muneul yeolmyeon mannage doelkka
Naui dabeul jinjja dabeul chatgo sipeo

Cheongugui muneul yeonda nege ikkeullyeo
Mijiui gireul georeogago isseo
Cheongugui muneul yeolmyeon mannage doelkka
Naui dabeul jinjja dabeul chatgo sipeo
Music end