Hallyu Wave Hour 2

October 2011

"Good morning everyone! I am Eugene here. Welcome back to the Hallyu Wave Show where we discuss everything related to the overseas community." Eugene greeted herself.

"Hey y'all this is Eric Nam, your lovely maknae of Super Junior." Eric did a heart gesture.

"~Hiiii everyone I'm Tiffany Young."

"And I'm Jessica. We represent Girl's Generation."

"Hi this is Kevin from U-Kiss."

"Hy guys I'm Aliee and these beauties here are Chaerin and Bommie."

"We're 2ne1, the girls with the best swagger." Chaerin said cooly.

"We have a few new guests with us today. How about you introduce yourself." Eugene said with new guests.

"Hello, I'm Krystal of F(x), younger sister of Jessica. I was born in San Francisco, California."

"I'm Sandara Park of 2ne1 and I grew up in the Philippines." Dara waved with a smile. She had a doll like look.

"I'm Mblaq Thunder and I'm her little brother so yeah, I was basically raised in the Philippines." Thunder said with an even stronger accent.

"I'm Kim Yoonji aka NS Yoon G, I grew up in the San Fernando Valley." Yoonji waved.

"I'm Gina Choi, G.na and I'm from Canada!" Gina also waved.

"What's up I'm Eli from U-Kiss! I was born in LA, but I grew in DC."

"And my name is also Kevin, I'm from a group called Zea. I'm an Aussie by heart." Kevin said with his Aussie accent.

"We have so many new guests with us today it's fascinating!!"

"You said you're from Australia?" Asked Chaerin.

"Yep I'm one hundred percent full Aussie." Kevin nodded.

"Could you do an Aussie impression?" Ailee question.

"Good day mates! Let's catch some shrimp on the barbie." Kevin slightly exaggerated his accent. Ailee giggled in response.

"I want know more about your Filipino thing going with on with you two?" Asked Tiffany.

"It was because of our dad. Sanghyun was too small to remember but we moved so our dad needed to a place to work and the Philippines was a good place to start. It was hard in the beginning because I couldn't speak Tagalog, but I learned eventually to the point I basically Philippines's biggest star.

"I heard you were like a superstar over there?"

"I was! I starred in a local reality show where I was runner up. Through that I learn to act and starred in Filipino telenovelas. People used to compare me a lot to BoA sunbae I was popular over and the fact I was Korean." Dara explained her upbringing.

"So, what made you move to Korea?" Asked Eugene.

"By that time I already developed reputation in the Filipino entertainment industry. We honestly lived there for so long because of money, and because there was no contract to sign, I returned back my home country."

"And you chose YG?" Asked Eugene.

"Dara was scouted by YG himself several years, but since she had obligations, she couldn't sign. I originally auditioned for JYP but I didn't make the cut so I was casted instead by the same company IU-ssi is in. Eventually Rain sunbae put me into Mblaq and the rest is history." Younger brother Thunder summarized the story.

"That's gotta the wildest story. You moved to a new country, became a literal popstar and then you moved back and you're an idol all over again!?" Eric was absolutely stunned.

"This is truly such an incredible story for the Hallyu Hour. I want to ask Kevin how many Koreans live in Australia" Eugene asked.

"A lot of people. I think Australia houses one of the biggest diaspora next to America. There's not just Koreans but Chinese and Vietnamese communities are there as well. Since Australia is close to Asia, it's easier to migrate here and many Koreans settled here. I do hope to see more Korean Australians in the entertainment industry in the future." Kevin explained.

"That's honestly cool, that's a similar to story about the United States. Most Koreans Americans live on the west coast. There's a section in Los Angeles called Koreatown." Nicole began before Tiffany and Jessica sprang at her.

"I'VE BEEN THERE BEFORE! MY GOD THE FOOD IS AMAZING!! Literally they have the best Korean in America." Tiffany said, salivating slightly.

"That's debatable, Atlanta Koreatown has the best deep-fried chicken you'll ever taste. Crispy and seasoned to the best with good ole iced tea!! That's paradise for me." Eric Nam stated his experience.

"I would say DC has the best Korean BBQ places." Eli argued in.

"Nah I would stick with California." Kevin shook his head.

"Can we talk about Canada?" Gina looked on as everyone began to argue which side of the U.S had better food.

"Alright, I that's enough about food. We're getting a little too sidetracked here. Let's talk about the recent comebacks this year?"

"What is there to talk about, we just had the biggest song of the year again with The Boys." Tiffany declared.

"You girlies act like y'all are the only one with a great song. I am the Best was voted song of the year. Unlike your cheesy attempt of making an English song, our music already made the west long before you." Chaerin argued.

"But that's only recently, we had a string of hit since before you debuted. Tiffany said.

"Is that some shade little girl?" Chaerin said with a raised eyebrow.

"We have THE biggest fandom next to Elfs and VIPs, SONES." Tiffany ignored the insult.

"Of all names you go for you choose that? Sounds like codename for a video game console." Chaerin snickered as Ailee and Bommie laughed.

"I'm sorry girls really, but I think Blackjacks makes a lot more sense." Ailee chimed in.

"You girls are acting like we don't exist. We had our moment this year with Step. Not only it was a hit here, but in many other countries."

"But that's only in Japan though. I'm not arguing your fame over there, but in the west I'm afraid your fandom is small in comparison." Chaerin bluntly stated, getting Nicole to glare at her.

"Can we not fight girls? Each of your fandoms are incredible in their own ways. In the end it doesn't matter who has the better impact, the important thing each of you played an important part." Nam chimed in as mediator.

"Easy for you say Eric you have literally the biggest fandom next to BigBang, not to mention how often I hear Mr. Simple playing in public. I even hear people call you boys "Kings of Hallyu Wave" what about the queens?" Jessica questioned.

Eric sighed, dejected.

"For being Kpop idols you act so childish. I would think with the attention you would be grateful." Yoonji shrugged.

Suddenly the girls glared at her.

"What? It's the truth. I don't have half the fandom you have, but I'm content with the growing success." Yoonji shrugged.

"She's got a point. This whole Hallyu thing has only just started. We still have yet to hit the mainstream, but if we continue to work hard and support each other, I can see bright future for Kpop." Gina also argued.

"You two make great compelling arguments. I think in the end it doesn't matter who has the greatest influence. Each of you are important in your own ways. Kpop since beginning has always been melting pot of music and culture. What was a way to express yourself, is now a mainstream source of entertainment by everyone around the world. We've already becoming the top nation for musical output in Asia. This year alone proved a great potential and there are bigger things in store next year. This is Eugene, with Hallyu Wave Hour."

"Congratulations on your wedding unnie!" Tiffany shouts in Korean as everybody laughed.