An Unexpected Visit

November 2010

Hangeng's departure was publicized all over Korean media. Just when the members of TVXQ were dealing with the ongoing lawsuit, Hangeng files his own lawsuit in response. Lee Sooman and SM came under public scrutiny where the issue of slave contracts was brought up. Sooman assured this matter would be settled and would be filing a counter lawsuit for sabotage and breach of contract.

Unfortunately, Super Junior was caught in the crossfire as E.L.F grew distressed for their American maknae as he was close friends with him. To fans Nam was the only person Hangeng felt like an equal. Netizens noticed how miserable Nam looked as he wasn't smiling as much. With the news of Kangin's military service and Kibum's other endeavors, Super Junior took a break from promotions to whether the storm.

As for Nam, his whole world crashed down at the loss of his most important partner and friend. Since the formation of Super Junior-M, Nam has got to know Hangeng as a person. Funny, Charismatic, Kind, Quiet, he was all those traits.

He lived for the next few months drowning himself in guilt. He has withdrawn himself away from the public, away from the SM family, away from his own members. Of course many of the SM family were concerned. Nam was this bubble of sunshine that enjoyed spreading positivity, even when they were stressed. Nam had this friendly aura that was rare in Korea.

Of the most worried we're Seohyun, Sooyoung, Tiffany, Jessica, Taemin, Henry, Wookie, and Kyuhyun. They tried time and time again to comfort their beloved friend, but Nam just played it off with a forced laugh. Gradually over time with the help of his best friend Kyuhyun and Ryeowook, Nam was able to recover his depression and managed to return back stronger with their Bonamana comeback.

It's now towards the end of the year and Nam groans in annoyance at the sounds of his alarm. He tried reaching for it but ended up falling off his bed.

"Dammit! Nam got up, slamming the snooze button.

"My head hurts." Nam rubbed his temples from what he felt was another nightmare. He looked around to see Wookie and Kyuhyun absent. He looked at his phone to see he had a missed call.

"Ma? What could she be calling me at this hour?" Nam dialed up his phone before receiving an angry response from his mother.

"I TRIED CALLING YOU THREE TIMES YESTERDAY AND YOU NEVER PICKED UP!! DIDN'T I TEACH YOU MANNERS!!"

Yep, that was definitely the sound of his mother. Ah, Asian moms...

"I'm sorry ma, I was busy with practice yesterday. I didn't mean to ignore you! Honest." Nam defended himself. He almost forgot how scary it was talking an angry mother.

"That shouldn't be an excuse to ignore. I'm your eomma!"

"Did you need something?"

"Come to the airport. Your father and I will be waiting." She said before Eric heard her hang up.

Nam, not wanting to anger her again, decided to change into his casual clothes. Arriving at the airport, Eric was shook to see his entire family here.

"What are y'all doing here!?" Nam was utterly speechless seeing his younger brothers.

"It's been so long big brother!" The youngest said hugging him.

"Brian!? You're a giant!" The last time he saw Eddie, he was a kid in elementary, but now he was twice his original size up to his chin.

"He's about to graduate middle school now. Look big bro I finally graduated" The middle brother show his certificate with pride.

"My baby, you look so handsome." His mother caressed her son's cheek.