Disappointed

Ethan

I started as Aijah ripped Carly Evans a new asshole the was pissed, he had ripped, me away from her for his selfish gain when this plan was made for me to come face to face with the bitch's daughter to tear her a new one and let her know what damage her mother had done to us. My father was a complete prick but that was no excuse for the way he'd treated me or my mother. We didn't ask for this pure hatred and I had never asked to be born into this fucked up world.

Carly had it easy she had two loving parents even if he was her stepfather he'd brought her up as his own no questions asked. But mine was a different story. Mom had to do a paternity test to prove I was his, then he wasn't convinced. He was head over heels in love with Hope Evans, the only camper to put him on his ass. I wish I could've been a fly in the wall that day. I would've laughed my ass off. I would've loved to have been the one to kick his ass instead of her.

No one knows my father as I do as my mother does. He doesn't show that side to anyone but us. Everyone thinks the sun shines out of his ass, but it truly doesn't he's a wolf in sheep's clothing a monster hiding his true form from those who have looked up to him their entire lives and my uncle his younger sibling if only they knew the real Seth Hollingway: my father the monster, the abuser and the one who is disappointed in me the most.

I fucking hate him how I wish I could put him on his ass, maybe one day that will happen but not today. I guess once the truth is out about what happened today get back to his hell and give me your disappointment speech like I give a fucking shit.

Carly is in a fit of hysterics Alijah continues to taunt her and whatever their relationship is with one another isn't a good one. His eyes are full of anger and evilness. I've never seen such hatred in someone's eyes as I do now. I wonder if I look as bad as he does right now. I've been venting for my revenge for a long time now. My all-so-thoughtful father had sent me to this camp at thirteen where I met my two brothers in arms. We all had the same stories to tell but this was all on a different level. Elijah continued with his not-so-heart-warming speech. I had never heard so many hateful words come out of another's mouth even those about our families weren't anywhere near as bad as the ones that were spewing out of Alijah's mouth, I almost felt bad for her. I looked at my friends, my brothers matter what. They looked at me just as perplexed as I was.

Then the photos dropped to the ground and he continued spurting his shit. I was about to tell him that was enough when the door crashed to the ground and we all liked away for a second then all hell broke loose.

Sergeant Caspian Hollingway

Damn, I'm so damn tired. I hardly slept last night worrying about Carly and what had happened to her. Jonathan and Kyle hadn't come by my office so I took it as a bad sign, not a good one. Carly had looked so helpless in Jonathan's arms the anger radiating off both he and Kyler spoke volumes. We had failed to keep her safe from Ethan and his fantasy of revenge. I had no idea of his and his father's relationship apart from it being very rocky and he'd sent him here to man up and learn some respect towards others that took a U-turn.

I need to figure out exactly what had happened yesterday and how this could've even happened without any of us seeing anything suspicious, one thing I do know is it was thought out well, too well.

The knock echoed through my office bringing me out of my thoughts. "It's open."

The door creaks, opening. Damn, that thing needs oiling.

Bulldog Jr and Kyler walk in looking at shit as I feel. They lol at me. "You look like shit Sarg."

"The same can be said for the both of you too," I smirked.

"Didn't get much sleep," they mumbled.

I know the feeling.

"Take a seat boys."

They nodded, walking at snail's speed and slumping into the chairs opposite my desk. "How's Miss Evans?"

They both sigh dramatically. "We stayed until she fell asleep, Sarg. She was distressed."

I can't imagine how it felt, being in that situation I had taken over from Seth around five years ago when exchanged his uniform for casual wear and he decided to resign from his sergeant major position to a martial arts instructor at another of Hope Evans camps. He had been through the mill and back being in the army for over twenty years.

I had decided to join the army when I turned sixteen around the time Carly was up in the divorce court. I heard things had gotten pretty ugly and the defense was using every static they could, to make it look as if it was her fault. But the judge hadn't gone easy on Carly's father he not only had to divorce Carly Evans but another chick too he'd been arrested for bigamy and that's when Seth had confused his falling for Hope and it all went to shit because she was in love with someone else, not him. Now I think Ethan and his mother are bearing the brunt of it but hard-headed as he is he won't go to anyone and talk to them. I'm not even sure if he's shared it with his two friends who never seem to leave his side.

"Did she say what exactly happened out there?"

"No Sarg. All she mentioned was the boy at home she was involved in cheating on her. She was distraught, Sarg. It took us over an hour to convince her she was better than everyone sees her."

I nodded as she put on such a brace face, the best mask I've ever seen any teenager put on during my time here. I can only imagine how much she's hurting to be betrayed by someone you love or care deeply for. "Do you know who put this in her head?"

"No Sarg but she seems to think everyone is against her now the person who stuck by her shit on her too."

I nodded. We'd have to work on that. We've only got a week left until she returns home. She needs to build herself up and knock boundaries down. We can work on those things. Let's just hope we can succeed with how the little time we have left will help her to become a better and stronger person.

"Do we know what happened out there and how Ethan got a hold of Carly as quickly as he did?" I asked, not sure I wanted to hear the answer.

"Well, Sarg. Kyler has a theory about that."

I sat up straight in my chair. "I'd like to hear your theory, Kyler."

He nodded. "Sarg." he gulped heavily. "I don't think you're going to like what I'm going to say."

"I would like to hear it anyway."

"Yes, Sarg." he breathed heavily. "I think Charlie has something to do with it, Sarg."

"And why do you think that?"

"We all know they are cousins Sarg, well apart from Carly. We think Ethan used this to get his revenge: he planted Charlie here knowing one day Carly would come here and he'd just have to lie in wait. Then he told him to get to know Carly and get her to trust him so could plan his revenge and take her during the games."

I nodded it made sense but I wasn't convinced just yet. "Seems payable, but who did they even get away with it? Someone had to see them."

"True point." Bulldog said, earning a cold glare for Kyler before he continued his explanation.

"It seemed strange that Carly would even leave him in the first place to continue without him; they were partners they were supposed to stick together."

I nodded, he had made a valid point. No one left a man down even in war, no brother was left behind.

"Something was off when he came out of the woods alone. He said once he'd stopped to catch his breath and he told Carly to continue until he had his breath back and he'd catch up with her. It seemed all too fishy and he also knew where Ethan was and that's where we would find Carly. It seemed all too coincidental, Sarg."

I nodded. "I hope to God you're right on this Kyler if you're not we could be closed down."

"I know Sarg, but it doesn't feel right, Sarg."

"How do you think they got away with it?"

"The only way we'll find out is if we go back to the woods and see if they changed any of the route signs, they've done it before."

"I agree."

Then I'll speak to my nephew and hope to God this isn't what he's doing.