Chapter 17: Late Night Proposal.

WARNING : VIOLENCE AND BLOOD.

Chapter 17:  Late Night Proposal.

Nicholas anxiously glanced at the door waiting for her; he felt nervous like it was his first time in the courtroom. Diana had promised him that she would come. Giddiness circulated in his body, feeling his heart beating loudly. 

“Aish!" Lucy ground her teeth annoyingly, pulling Nicholas with her. “What is there at the door you are staring at?” she asked doubtedly, raising her brow in question, “don't tell me you are waiting for another witness?” she whispered incredulously, looking at Nicholas, who didn't pay her a mind. 

“That aside," Lucy rubbed the side of her nose lightly feathery. “How the fuck did you get the evidence and make those ladies come and testify?” Lucy inquired, curiosity dripped from her voice. 

Nicholas turned away from her, not answering her. Should he tell her he snuck into the house, or he manipulated those ladies to come to testify? “Luck is just on my side,” he smiled grimly. 

The courtroom was wide and spacious, and the judge sat behind the high desk- the bench in a plain black robe. The man looked robust with his glasses dangling on his nose, looking sleepy behind them, while at the front desk were the clerk and the court reporter, getting ready to start the case. 

Adjacent to the bench was the witness box. Nicholas and Lucy, with their client in handcuffs, sat on a desk while the mayor and his prosecutor sat at the opposite. 

The clerk stood up and commenced the trial to begin as the plaintiff's lawyer stood up, smiling reassuringly at his client before giving Nicholas a triumphant look, “my honor,” the man turned to the judge before facing Nicholas's desk, “my client—mayor Benson was of the crime his loyal.” 

The judge nodded his head following the words as he flipped through the submitted document on his desk; then, he turned his gaze to the defendant's desk to see if they had anything to say. Nicholas looked back to see Diana just walking in with Carlos not so far behind her, and he felt a smile gracing his lips. 

“My honor, Mr client —Mr. Liam was wrongly accused and punished for a crime he does not know,” Nicholas started, balancing the rim of his glasses as he addressed the judge. 

The judge turned to the plaintiff, then to the accused, “Do you have anything to say to this?” 

“Yes, my honor.” Nicholas responded professionally, “On January 5th, by 4;30pm, my client was indeed in the car driving, but he was not alone—"

Diana zoned out of the argument. She kept staring at Nicholas as he moved to and fro, defending his client with professionalism. Diana wiped the imaginer droop on her cheeks with where her thought was leading. 

The blue suit Nicholas wore really fitted him; his black hair was black was perfectly gelled to the back, but what made Diana shocked was his ass. He has an apple-shaped ass, she internally screamed; the suit trousers fit his butt. It looked enticing; she wanted to take a bite. 

Diana slapped her face, which made Carlos turn to her in surprise, "What happened?"

"Nothing," her voice came out squeaking. Damn! She cleared her throat, taking her eyes to wander away from Nicholas's butt. She shook her head, willing herself to think of something else. She wasn't a pervert, but guys with ass were standard. The ass could serve as a pillow at night—stop it! She screams internally, fanning herself to cool off her thoughts. 

Diana was pulled out of her inner pervert when the clerk asked everyone to stand up. She had been busy ogling at Nicholas' ass that she didn't know when they were through. She raised her head to see Nicholas talking to his partner while his client was crying while the other party was being taken away.