Chapter 8: Meeting Family 1

After the agreement, Diana had been living pretty well in Nicholas' home. Life had been treating her well, not waking up from a nightmare or anything. She only had to wake up, go to the gym, shower, get dressed, eat, have a little talk with Nicholas, and then go back to sleep or watch TV. She had also agreed to meet her brother, though she always video calls him.

Nicholas had told her to only video call her brother till the wedding day. So after the wedding, her brother would be free to stay with them. Diana knew what he was doing, using her brother against her; He knew her younger brother was her weakness.

She wouldn't be able to run away with her brother's well-being at stake.

Diana saw a note at her bedside when she woke up; she read it and clenched it in her fist while gritting her teeth. She had told him to keep from entering her room, but that guy never listened; she face-palmed herself.

Good morning, Wifey to be.

I'm off to work, and I won't be able to have breakfast with you, sweetie. (sad emoji) twit twit, see you later, hun.

Don't miss my handsome face too much, and mind you, don't kill me in your head yet; we still have dates and weddings to do.

Your hubby.

Diana rolled her eyes and threw the paper in the trash bin while walking out of the room. She walked some steps before sighing frustratedly and went to the trash bin. She took out the note, straightened it, walked to the drawer, and put it in her diary.

She sighed again, clicking her tongue annoyingly. She didn't know what led her to take the note back, maybe because it was the first time for her. Diana jogged down the stairs only to meet a lady munching chocolate cookies. Immediately, she stopped on her steps, staring at the lady and the boy beside her.

Who are these again? Diana muttered under her breath; since two weeks of living here, after the dinner episode with Lisa, Diana could swear she never saw any outsider females except the two maids.

"Oh," the woman turned her head to the stairs with cookies in her mouth, "Evan, see who is here," the lady talked to the boy beside her, but the boy didn't give her attention as he played a game on his phone. The lady stood up and walked to Diana, who was now closer, and circled her while scrutinising her curiosity gaze on her. Diana was confused, she didn't know this woman's deal, and Nicholas hadn't given her a heads-up about whether someone would come home.

"This is the first time," the woman hummed loud, tilting her head to the side.

"You are creeping the woman out!" the boy muttered, unconcerned, before turning back to his game.

"Oops," the woman backed off, smiling sheepishly as she apologised, "Sorry." then she walked forward again, "this is definitely surprising," she mumbled.

"Can you move a little?"

"Oh, sorry for the intrusion," the woman said, "I'm Belle, Isabelle Yuko; my close friend calls me Bell," she grinned, holding out her hand as Diana stared at it before joining hers.

"I'm Diana Reina -"

"Oh, you are the lady!" Belle gushed, "Oh my god! I can't believe that guy kept you hidden," she grinned cheekily. Before Diana knew what was happening, she was pulled into a hug, "Nice to meet you. I've been meaning to meet you, but that Davis guy is against it," she let out, then pulled Diana to the couch.

Diana was shocked; who is this woman who has no respect for personal boundaries? Though she didn't find it repulsive, it met her unexpectedly.

"Evan, come here and greet your sister-in-law," the woman called out as the boy grumbled and reluctantly left his phone.