Chapter CLXVII

"You need to start moving."

"....I can't, Master."

"Yes you can."

"I'm not strong enough."

"You're stronger than you know, my apprentice. You can do this."

"I'm too tired. And it hurts."

"I know, little one. I know, and I'm sorry. I am so sorry, but you must. I wish I could take the pain away or fight it for you, but I can't. This is a battle you alone can fight. You must move."

"But I'm—"

"You'd be dead already if you weren't strong enough. I believe in you. You can do this, but you must start now. You may never wake up if you don't."

"You'll stay with me?"

"I'll be right here, next to you the entire way."

"....Okay."

"You can do this, Luna. Ready?"

"As I'll ever be."

"That's my girl."

~*~

"Can't you speed up the cell recovery or replacement or whatever?"

"Considering her cells are—"

"I don't care about the fact they're all trying to instantly die on her, I'm asking if we can modify something so that healthy cells can take over and replace if not stop the entire self district mechanism or whatever that's been triggered. You've been slowing the full on dying down, so can't you find a way to modify things to stop it completely before she tries to actually die on us again?"

"We would have to run tests, discover what has gone wrong with her current cellular makeup in order to understand what needs to be changed for healthy replacements."

"Then do that! Don't you have Luna's old medical records to compare to? Just test everything, and figure out what comes up as an anomaly so you can fix it!"

"We have already—"

"Everything. I don't care how irrelevant it is, test everything. There's got to be something to explain what's happening to her."

~*~

"AUGHH!! Master, it hurts!! It hurts!!"

"I know. I'm sorry."

"Make it stop! Please!!"

"I can't. I need you to keep fighting."

"It hurts!!"

"Don't give up, Luna. Can you do that for me?"

"Y-y-yes."

"Then keep fighting."

~*~

"We have found something."

"....What in the name of the Force?"