Chapter 77: Lost at Sea

Start from the beginning

Misty takes a deep breath as she decides that she's not going to fall for Ash's taunt. Instead, she shakes her head a little as she replies with a hint of teasing in her voice "Oh Ash, I didn't realise you'd gone so soft since you fell in love. The Ash I know wouldn't be so worried about travelling so far to find the perfect training location. This beach is one that has icy waters, and will be perfect for toughening you and your Pokémon up. That is, if your not too scared to go out in the water with me."

As Ash hears Misty call him out on whether he's man enough to go in the water or not, he feels a quiet determination run straight through his veins. Ash may have matured quite a bit though the years, but he's still not one to back down from a challenge. The challenge coming from Misty only makes him even more determined, never wanting to lose to her.

The Alola champion puts his determination into his words as he smirks a little and fires back "If you think I'm going to run from a challenge, then you don't know me well enough Misty. Me and my water pokemon are going to show you why we're the best!"

Misty smirks back, wanting this sort of fire from her pseudo little brother. She places her hands on her hips as she shakes her head and exclaims "Well in that case, let's go find somewhere to change and I'll meet you in the water."

Ash nods in agreement and casually replies "Sounds good to me. It's a good thing I packed my swim shorts."

As Serena hears what Ash's going to wear, she places a hand on his chest and exclaims with a hint of authority in her tone "I'm going to stop you right there Ash before you do something silly."

Ash raises an eyebrow in confusion as he questions with a sorry look on his face "What's the matter Serena? What did I do wrong princess."

Serena sees the sorry look on Ash's face and feels her heart melt at the concern it shows. He always hates doing anything that makes Serena feel sad or angry. She places a reassuring smile on her face and places her hands on his shoulders as she explains "You didn't do anything wrong baby, but you were probably about to. Swimming in water that cold with just your swimming trunks is dangerous. You could catch a bad cold and make yourself ill for the indigo league. None of us would want that would we?"

Ash takes in his girlfriend's words and understands her logic. Getting ill right before the league certainly wouldn't be ideal for any of their plans. He scratches the back of his head nervously as he questions "Yeah you're right Serena, but what else am I supposed to wear?"

The current Kalos queen places an almost proud smile on her face as she fixes a strand of his hair and replies cryptically "Well, it's lucky someone you really love has got a little something for you."

Serena takes her bag off her back, before unzipping it and reaching inside. She soon pulls out a black and blue wetsuit, all measured out perfectly to be her boyfriend's exact size.

The current Kalos queen smiles brightly as she explains "I got you a wetsuit. Misty told me you guys might be doing some water type training soon so I wanted to make sure you were prepared. So, I bought you a wetsuit you can use in the water when it's cold. It should keep you warmer than your swim shorts so there's less chance of you catching a cold."

Ash hears what his girlfriend has done for him and instantly feels his heart warm in appreciation. It's the little things Serena does that all add up. As soon as she heard they were going to a beach in cold weather, her first thought was to make sure he didn't go out in the cold water without the correct attire and end up getting sick. It's that sort of considerate thinking that makes Serena such a wonderful person, as well as many other attributes she has.

The Alola champion shakes off his thoughts for a second as he moves closer to his girlfriend. He quickly leans in and gives her a wet peck on her cheek. He soon pulls away and smiles brightly at her as he shouts "Your a genius Serena! Thank you so much for thinking about my health like that."