Chapter 73: Showdown in Pewter City

Start from the beginning

Ash takes in his girlfriend's statement, feeling a small twang of pain in his heart that she's still enduring such pain. He decides to try to stay positive as he exclaims "Don't worry, the pokemon centre isn't too far away. It's probably only a 5 minute walk. I'll cary you so you don't roll it again."

Ash nonchalantly steps forward to scoop Serena up into his arms effortlessly, like he does so often when they are all alone. However to his surprise, Serena stops him as she holds her hands out in front of her and backs away a little.

The Alola champion frowns a little as he questions in a concerned tone "What's the matter Serena? Did I do something wrong? You usually don't mind it when I pick you up."

Serena feels her heart sadden at Ash's little innocent concerned look. His first thought in these situations is always to think that he's done something wrong, afraid of making her feel uncomfortable.

Well the truth is, Serena loves it when Ash picks her up like she's a feather. The way he scoops her up and cradles her in his arms is dreamy in a way. It makes her feel so safe, so secure and so special.

However in this case, there is a reason why he can't just lift her up like his bride on a wedding day. She explains that to her boyfriend as she smiles and sweetly responds "Don't worry Ash, you've done nothing wrong. I love it when you pick me up and carry me, but you shouldn't do it here in public. We're in the middle of a big city and it's a little more embarrassing. Plus, someone around here will take a picture and post it somewhere. Before you know it, the news will be talking about it and then people will know where we are. We don't want that do we?"

Ash takes in his girlfriend's point and realises his mistake. He scratches the back of his head as he exclaims nervously "I guess that makes sense. I sometimes forget that we are pretty famous. How about a piggy back?"

Serena smiles at her boyfriend's understanding as she replies in a sweet tone "A piggy back sounds fine. That's a bit more under the radar."

Ash nods and he lowers himself down, allowing Serena to carefully climb onto his back. Once she's situated and comfortable, the raven haired trainer stands up as he begins the trek towards the Pewter city pokemon centre.
_______________________________

Intro

Within a few minutes, Ash and Serena find themselves at the front door to the Pewter city pokemon centre. Ash sets Serena back down on the ground before they walk into the centre hand in hand.

The two of them walk towards the counter as Ash smiles and greets "Hey nurse joy."

The Pewter city nurse Joy smiles at the young man as she replies "Oh hi Ash, it's been a long time. What a nice surprise."

Ash smiles back as he exclaims "Yeah it has been a while. Me and my girlfriend have been travelling the Kanto region and we came by to see Brock. Is he in today?"

Nurse Joy nods and explains "Yes he's in his office with his final scheduled patient before closing time. You should go back and surprise him. I know he'd be happy to see you."

Ash and Serena nod in agreement as the Pallet town native responds "Thank nurse joy."

The amour couple take their leave as they head towards the back of the pokemon centre. They both stride down the halls until they find themselves stood right outside the door to Brock's office.

Inside the office, Brock holds a pokeball out towards a young 10 year old trainer and exclaims "Here, your Paras is as good as new. I'd recommend holding off on battling with him for a few days though. Going too hard too soon will increase the risk of aggravating the injury."