"Yeah, yeah nickel, I still made the jam" oj replies

"Wait, I think there's still some strawberries left over, right oj? We can bring them out for everyone to try!" Paper says.

"Yeah, we'll get them, one sec". With that, oj and paper left for the kitchen.

"So.. you two went strawberry picking.. together?" Paintbrush says, with the goddamn raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, anything wrong with that?" I snap back.

"You guys never hung out until recently, what's with that?" Yang says suspiciously.

"What? Are we not allowed to be friendly here?" I say, slightly annoyed.

"Nah, just, you and balloon were enemies for the longest time. But looks like you finally got over it. Congrats." Pickle says.

Fans typing really quickly and when he looks up at me, I glare back. These people better not be implying what I think they are. 

OJ finally shows up with the strawberries and everyone gets to try them. Everyone agrees that these were definitely the best stuff they had, and while balloon is humbly responding to all the "thank you"s, I'm busy telling everyone that they should be super thankful that he exists. The rest of the meal the table was full of happy conversation and chill atmosphere, which is definitely rare for hotel OJ, but what can I say, I'm certainly liking it.

After breakfast balloon tells me he has a little story project to do, so he stays at the hotel while I go outside. I think about visiting Dawnberry Orchard again. As I walk through under the young trees, I feel at ease the moment I enter the area. I walk up the gentle hill again and I take out my key to keep it ready for the garden room. 

As I start seeing the garden house, I notice something moving inside. Was that..a person? I walk closer to try and make out who it is. I see brown and yellow, and they were... armless. I realise who it is all too late, as they turn around and spot me. Can't run now. Her eyes meet mine and her expression melts into one of surprise and slight sadness.

"Nickel..?"

"Hey suitcase..."

I quickly hide the key away, hoping she didn't see it. I don't know how she would react knowing I had a key to something balloon and she owned. She slowly walks out of the garden house. Her eyes clearly said she also wanted to escape this situation, but she couldn't. I kept getting the urge to break the silence.

"How.. are you?" I say hesitantly.

"..." 

"Are you seriously asking me that?"

I give her an "I don't know" look, as her eyes sadden even more. Probably due to memories.

"Sorry, I-" I stop. I suddenly forget what I was going to say. No, I don't know what to say at all. 

"Sorry?" She says, slightly surprised. "Since when did you say sorry? Is it not a bit late for that?". 

I look down. 

The memories come back again. The double elimination, suitcases little speech, baseball's face when I was announced to be eliminated. Balloon voting for himself.. no, he forgave me. There's nothing to be upset about when it comes to balloon, nickel. He forgave you, right? He forgave you. He forgave you. He forgave you even when you failed to forgive him for the longest time. He forgave you after a whole season of bullying. He knows what a horrible person you used to be, and he forgave you. He changed you for the better. He forgave you. Did he? He forgave you. Forgiveness. I have to ask for forgiveness. From... suitcase.