Part 31

3rd POV

"The Boys"

2 days later

The 6 boys continued to walk for hours and hours just to reach Beta Colony. The long walk was nearly over as they approached the Beta Colony which was now only a few hours away.

The sun was setting so they decided to settle inside a building for the night. It is too dangerous to wander in the open city at night.

After a few hours, 4 of the boys were asleep and 2 were keeping guard. The 2 Fjord and Korn engaged in a conversation as they were getting bored.

"How long have you guys been friends?" Fjord spoke first. He asked Korn, curious about the strong friendship the three have.

"More than 10 years, we've all been classmates since Elementary. Basically, we all followed each other and attended the same school." Korn chuckled.

"That's cool.." Korn was curious at his reaction and looked at Fjord. "I mean like, having people with you now, or at least like, people you knew before all this." Fjord added, clarifying his statement.

"What about the others? You seem close with them." Korn asked.

"We all met during the outbreak, on day 1. So, I'm grateful to be with them. The city was a mess. I would be dead if it weren't for them." Fjord answered

"You didn't go to school?" Korn curiously asked Fjord. He remembered that it was weekdays when the outbreak occurred.

Fjord chuckled and said "Nah, I skipped class and went to the mall. I guess they also were skipping class."

"You must've went through hell." He stated, knowing the sheer number of people in a city mall.

"Hell is probably a bit of an understatement. It was horrible in there." Fjord added. He looked down and held his necklace.

*Flashback*

What should I do before going to the arcade? - Fjord though to himself while wandering the large mall.

Ice cream? Perhaps? - He went to the ice cream store to see a long line.

So many people. - Fjord thought. He was impatient of long lines, so he just got fries in a nearby French fry stand.

While eating his fries, he explored the mall and went to the second floor. He was heading straight to the arcade.

He always went to the arcade when going to this exact mall. You can always expect to see him there on weekends.

I hope she's here - He thought. Fjord wanted to see someone. He went to the counter to exchang his money with tokens.

"Hi, Jill." He said to the cashier.

"Oh, it's you again, Fjord." The cashier named Jill replied.

Yep, Fjord went to see a girl.

"Are you free today?" Fjord asked bravely. "Can you wait for 3 hours?" She smirked. She knew how to make Fjord flutter.

Of course she'd know, they've been dating for 4 months now.

Fjord then exchanged his money with lots of token. "See you in three hours, my lady." Fjord winked at her. Earning a laugh from the girl.

Please tell me there is no one playing on my favorite game. - Fjord said mentally after flirting with Jill.